- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- West Town
JOB DESCRIPTION:Abbott is a global healthcare company devoted to improving life through the development of products and technologies that span the breadth of healthcare. With a portfolio of leading, science-based offerings in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott serves people in more than 150+ countries and employs approximately 97,000 people. In Ireland, Abbott has five business units, represented across eight manufacturing sites.
In Donegal Abbott is going through a significant expansion as we introduce new technology and equipment to manufacture the Libre Freestyle Sensor which is revolutionary in the care and management of Diabetes and as part of that expansion we have an immediate requirement for a Technical Sensor Manager.
- Plan, implement and manage all major Technical projects including validation activities, RCE documentation etc. as required.
- Manage relevant departmental/project budgets within target and implement CIP/BEx projects as required.
- Provides technical support and knowledge.
- Ensure project work meets quality requirements of all stakeholders, including customers, auditors and other external agencies by ensuring adherence to the required policies and procedures.
- Measures and reports progress against approved timelines.
- Acts as an effective project leader or team member in supporting timelines, quality disciplines, decisions, and practices.
- Ensure prompt attention of the Project Manager in areas of risk, which might have an adverse effect on product and/or safety.
- Ensure the department conducts its business in a manner designed to be protective of human health, safety, and the environment.
- A Third Level Qualification in a relevant science / engineering discipline.
- Strong technical knowledge of design control process and experience of leading technology transfers.
- Minimum of 3 years’ people management experience in a technical capacity in medical device or pharmaceutical industry.
- Significant project experience and an ability to influence others are essential.
- Advanced leadership skills in order to build an effective team by providing clear direction and defining priorities.
DIVISION:ADC Diabetes Care
LOCATION:Ireland Donegal Town : R267
WORK SHIFT:Ie - Shftpre0 (Ireland)
TRAVEL:Yes, 10 % of the Time
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:Not Applicable
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Not Applicable
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.