- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You're equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
In this role you'll manage technical projects, services, and priorities for internal physical security and building automation systems. You'll help introduce better tools and automation, or improve processes to make the team's work easier. You will ensure the team meets commitments made to other teams and stakeholders, while also effectively handling any changes of priority or urgency that arise.
In this role, you will also manage a vendor relationship. Through this, you will identify the work, tools, or automation necessary to improve efficiency across teams.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Relevant work experience in the industry.
- Experience collaborating and driving program execution across teams.
- Experience managing internal stakeholders of varying levels, clients and external vendors/agencies.
- Security experience with relation to Google software and infrastructure.
- Extensive technology-related project and program management experience.
- Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Anticipate issues and propose solutions, manage dependencies and cross-functional issues, and identify the need to develop or improve tools/processes.
- Balance the immediate needs of their project with the longer term goals of their greater organization.
- Identify when meetings are needed or can be removed, set appropriate frequency, duration, drive the agenda, and keep meetings on track.
- Demonstrate technical judgment that's equivalent to a practicing Engineer.
About the company
Google is not a conventional company, and we don't intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world's most successful organizations - a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind - but even as we continue to grow, we're committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success.
We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards. Googlers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate