- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Cluain Meala
Abbott in Ireland
In Ireland, Abbott employs almost 3,000 people across 10 sites. Abbott has six manufacturing facilities located in Clonmel, Cootehill, Donegal, Longford and Sligo and a third party manufacturing management operation in Sligo. It has commercial, support operations and shared services in Dublin. Abbott serves the Irish market with a diverse range of health care products including diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals. Abbott has been operating in Ireland since 1946.
Abbott Ireland Vascular
Abbott Vascular is one of the world's leading vascular care businesses. Abbott Vascular is uniquely focused on advancing the treatment of vascular disease and improving patient care by combining the latest medical device innovations with world-class pharmaceuticals, investing in research and development and advancing medicine through training and education.
We currently have a permanent opening for a Territory Manager- Vascular in a field based role.
To provide the primary Sales input at a Territory level to the customer base. To implement defined strategies with the purpose of increasing market share and revenue generation from Abbott Vascular products within the geographic boundaries of the Ireland business. To be conversant in, and able to effectively communicate the rationale of using Abbott product within the medical application to which targeted. To provide practical & theoretical technical support to existing or potential customer base.
- Understand the dynamics of the local healthcare market, Abbott and competitors’ strategies impacting the Accounts within the assigned sales territory
- Maintain up-to-date technical knowledge of relevant therapies, Abbott products, clinical practices, regulatory requirements, quality standards and business policies
- Utilises an analytical sales methodology to execute tactics, e.g. SWOT analysis, SMART objectives and segmentation plans
- Develop and implement Account Plans, to achieve annual operating plan revenues, working always in accordance with Abbott UK & Ireland policies and procedures including the Abbott Code of Business Conduct
- Manage customer relationships and provide service to optimise continuing profitable sales revenues from existing Accounts while also developing market penetration strategies to establish new Accounts within the assigned Territory
- Provide technical and therapy knowledge (promoting clinical compliance with guidelines and evidence based medicine) assistance whenever requested by healthcare professionals in assigned Accounts, or by Abbott UK & Ireland staff as agreed with Sales Managers
- Maintain comprehensive and accurate territory records and provide reports and forecasts to the Company when requested, e.g. Sales Force
- Provide assistance to other members of the Country sales team and assist in the training or development of other sales representatives when agreed by Sales Manager(s)
- Assist Abbott UK & Ireland marketing team members or other functional specialists to identify potential new product or business development opportunities
- Operate at all times in a way that maintains a positive customer perception of the abbott brand.
Knowledge of assigned Accounts
Uses a combination of desk research and personal contact to discover as much as possible about the factors affecting current and future business opportunities and buying decisions within assigned Accounts:
- trends in heart disease management therapies
- local market dynamics in terms of political influences, healthcare budgets and reimbursement policies
- local Abbott opportunities and threats, including competitors’ strategies and offerings and KOL influences in each Account
- Healthcare Trust organisational structures and decision making networks, including key individual influencers at all levels
- customer procurement procedures, buying styles, and Hospital administrative objectives
- customer criteria for supplier selection and expectations for supplier compliance with clinical, quality, reimbursement and regulatory standards
- Documents market information and insights gained to contribute to the whole Regional sales team’s market understanding
- Feeds into an interactive data system from which analytical reports.
Knowledge of Abbott strategies, capabilities and products
- Liaises with Sales Manager and other functional specialists to develop and manage a personal learning plan to ensure up-to-date understanding of relevant Abbott therapies, technologies, products and service capabilities
- Takes personal responsibility to maximise own learning from product training sessions scheduled by Abbott Ireland/ EMEA
- Networks appropriately with subject matter experts within Abbott, or with other qualified sources when necessary to respond to customer-specific information requests
- Understands and can communicate healthcare economics-based cases for the application of Abbott products and services
Self-management and self-development
- Uses feedback and own insight about personal strengths and opportunities to create and continuously up-date a personal development plan, focused on achieving sales performance targets as well as career growth aspirations
- Manages personal well-being and energy levels to meet the challenges inherent in the sales role
- Operates in an ethical, disciplined and orderly way, focusing on agreed performance targets and protecting the value of EMEA property or resources wherever possible
- Complies willingly with all relevant procedural requirements of EMEA, customers, regulatory and legal authorities
- Demonstrates interpersonal flexibility, showing respect for others and maintaining personal credibility and a positive customer perception of Abbott
- Encourages joint customer visits with Sales Manager(s), educators & Marketers and actively seeks and responds productively to coaching.
- Manages own emotions in demanding or stressful situations to ensure continuous application of appropriate professional judgement
- Maintains personal drive and determination to succeed even in the face of sales related disappointments or set backs
- Liaises closely with Sales Manager and other sales team members as appropriate to plan activities at Account level that should achieve the overall sales quota required from the Territory
- Maintains awareness of requirements of Abbott Ireland Key Accounts programme and incorporates appropriate strategies and tactics into plans for each assigned Account
- Allocates personal time and Abbott Ireland/ EMEA resources to each Account in proportion to its strategic or revenue generating potential, both in the short and longer term.
- Develops and follows Weekly Call Plans, with appropriate objectives, that in turn will ensure the implementation of the overall Account plan
Sales process effectiveness
- Ensures appropriate levels of customer contact at all levels to maintain the required pipeline of sales opportunities, strong KOL management
- Identifies decision making networks and gains access to influence key individuals, including executive level commercial managers, purchasing committees and clinical specialists
- Develops discovery plans and applies a consultative approach with all customer contacts to identify clinical, commercial or patient needs or requirements
- Creates and presents proposals that offer value for the customer in a way that is credible and persuasive to all decision makers involved, taking account of their procurement procedures, levels of technical expertise, authority level and preferred buying styles
- Negotiates win/win agreements and takes the initiative to ask for customer commitments to close sustainably profitable business for Abbott
- Recognises opportunities and ‘time windows’ to gain competitive advantage by presenting innovative and attractive propositions to customers that they might not have requested
Business forecasting and reporting
- Maintains up-to-date and accurate territory records for each assigned Account showing contact details, current situation with business opportunities, market share assessments and information about competitor activity
- Provides sales, activity and expense forecasts to Sales Manager(s) when requested using all available information and best experience based judgements
- Contributes Territory information when required to assist the sales team in contributing to the Country level Strategic and Annual Operating Plan processes
- Acts at all times in accordance with the requirements of Abbott quality, regulatory, legal and clinical requirements and standards including the Abbott Code of Business Conduct
EDUCATION & COMPETENCIES
- A degree in life sciences or equivalent
- Previous knowledge of the interventional cardiology market
- 2 or more years experience in medical device sales (preferable)
- Experience Cath-Lab consumables sales
- Autonomous to operate within the Cath-Lab sales environment
- Experience in negotiating with Procurement managers
- Demonstrated strong track record of sales performance
- Strong ASP management
Negotiation skills, 'can do' attitude, commercial acumen, results driven, excellent verbal and written communication skills, analytical, business developer, autonomous
Discover why candidates choose a career at Abbott Ireland here
Ireland Clonmel : Cashel Road
Ie - 37.5Hst0 (Ireland)
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.