- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary €45,000.00 gross per year
Major Precision Engineering company working with world class clients requires
As a Tooling Designer , you will be tasked with designing jigs & fixtures. The scope of the role involves concept design right the way through to validation of the tooling prior to delivering it to the production cell. This exciting position offers you a unique opportunity to work with a talented team of engineers involved in continuous improvement projects and process development.
- Design requirements capture for the tool
- Generate innovative tool design concepts.
- Coordinate the concept selection with input from the stake holders
- Design the tool in CAD (Siemens NX)
- Manage tool design reviews with stake holders
- Produce detailed component drawings
- Coordinate the manufacture of the tooling
- To inspect, assemble and validate the tooling
- You will be responsible for project managing all tooling activities
- You will hold a degree in Mechanical Engineering (2:1 or above).
- You have 2 years' tool design experience
- You are competent with 3D CAD packages
- You are competent producing detailed component and assembly drawings to technical drawing standards BS8888 or ISO 128
- You are competent with selecting appropriate materials for manufacturing tooling
- You are familiar with geometric tolerancing, tolerance stacks, limits and fits
- You have a good knowledge of manufacturing process and finishing technology
- You will demonstrate excellent written and spoken communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- You will enjoy solving problems and have a can-do attitude
- You are an enthusiastic 'hands-on' individual, ideally with a mechanical background
- You should hold a full clean driving licence
- ms project