- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The Business Entity:
The Collaboration Technology Group transforms the connections between people and the information they need to share which is critical to better business. We improve collaboration with technology that empowers people to engage and innovate -- anywhere, on any device.
The Design Group for Cisco Collaboration
Are you pushing the envelope? Here, you'll be designing and empowering the world's fastest growing cloud development platform. As a designer, you'll be a key contributor to a disruptive product team that is passionate about transforming the world.
The team you’ll be joining:
In Cisco Galway we are a high performing and established UX team with both Interaction and Visual design functions within the team. We are focused on Cisco Webex Teams for desktop and collaborate locally with our stakeholders, product management and engineering. We not only work locally but also globally with wider design teams and stakeholders to bring our grade A user experiences through the pipeline and into the customers hands.
Role & Responsibilities:
· Visual design from concept to implementation in coordination with other interaction designers, researchers, other visual designers, engineers and product managers.
· Work with product management, user experience and engineering teams to translate business problems, and requirements into compelling, innovative design solutions that demonstrate the power and value of rich client and web based internet experiences.
· Create innovative, highly usable visual designs for a variety of applications.
· Continually innovate, using the Cisco Webex suite of industry-leading tools.
· Promote a constructive environment for idea exploration and creativity.
· Work within a global design team across continents and time zones.
· Self-manage own tasks, and schedules.
· Engage with users and customers to gather feedback and drive continual improvements to our products.
· 2 to 4 years working as a professional UX designer with a stunning portfolio demonstrating powerful design thinking.
· Keen understanding of usability principles and design thinking.
· Proven ability to balance multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines.
· Formal design training and education.
· Excellent communication skills & collaborative skills across cultures.
· Proficient in Sketch, InVision, and the like.
· Demonstration of visual design acumen and typography skills.
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.