- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
How do you connect with people every day? Do you chat? Video calls? Meetings? Have you ever had trouble connecting to audio, or video from a meeting room? Have you had a hard time coordinating with your team around a common goal or initiative?
We all need to connect with people to get our work done. We are uniquely positioned to make it amazing across hardware and software with a leading market position in meetings. Our next goal is to redefine how people work where communication is at the core of all productive teamwork.
What you'll do
Webex Teams is looking for a UX copywriter who will join the UX design team to create intuitive and elegant user experiences. You'll be working alongside a team focusing on how people communicate across messaging, calling, and video as well as collaborate on documents, schedules, and tasks. We want to make everyone more productive everyday.
Who you are:
• You have a background and experience in copywriting
• You seek to understand the customer when starting something new
• You treat problems as opportunities
• You try until you get it right
• You can expertly hold the attention of a room when presenting your work
• You value tempo over perfection, but know when to obsess about the details
• You Promote a constructive environment for idea exploration and creativity
• You Self-manage own tasks, and schedules.
Who You'll Work With
We're a high performing group of user experience designers, product managers and engineers who are finding new ways to leverage data from communication, people interaction, and collaborative content creation to craft new collaboration experiences in ways that nobody but Cisco can. These new experiences will give a stronger voice to the remote worker, make distributed teams as efficient as co-located teams, and drive the new generation of everyday collaboration between teammates.
• 2+ years experience working as a copywriter
• A portfolio of work showing end-to-end thinking from concept and explorative work to a finished product
• Excellent communications and presentation skills
• Ability to develop business relationships
• Understanding of brand and tone of voice
• Ability to balance multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines
• Formal training in a field related to copywriting
• Excellent communication skills & collaborative skills across cultures
• Skilled in giving presentations and communicating ideas and concepts to various internal and external groups
Not essential, however would be fantastic if you also had experience/knowledge in:
• Experience with Agile and Scrum
• Standard methodologies for exporting copy specs to both designers and engineering
• Usability principles
• Design tools, for example, Sketch, InVision etc
• Task management tools such as Jira etc
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.