- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
JOB DESCRIPTION:Job Description
About the organization
Abbott is a global leader in in vitro diagnostics and offers a broad range of innovative instrument systems and tests for hospitals, reference labs, blood banks and clinics. Our products offer automation, convenience, cost-effectiveness and flexibility. Abbott has helped transform the practice of medical diagnosis from an art to a science, helping to create the modern diagnostics industry through the company's commitment to improving patient care and lowering overall costs.
Primary objective of the position
The Transfusion Ambassador is responsible for managing and providing on onsite and remote services to support customers using Abbott products in Blood Screening laboratories. In a highly regulated environment they work effectively with the sales and support team to resolve customer issues, both operational and technical in a timely and compliant way. With a broad range of technical skills, insightful product knowledge and sophisticated tools the Ambassador drives improved laboratory productivity, customer satisfaction and expands the value that Abbott brings to customers as we protect and grow the transfusion business.
- Technical field support, including hardware, software and scientific applications for Abbott instrument and informatics systems and products used in transfusion medicine
- Demonstrate compliance with corporate / customer requirements and operating procedures
- Investigate and resolve assay and product performance issues
- Utilize sophisticated remote and predictive service tools to minimize customer downtime, compile reports and inform product performance investigations
- Manage and deliver a timely and effective preventative maintenance program
- Ensure spare parts inventories are maintained and used efficiently
- Align work practices to deliver customer satisfaction and service performance metrics
- Identify service sales opportunities and work with the sales team to develop or close them
- Prepare instrument performance metrics and conduct regularly scheduled operational review meetings
- Participate in high level business reviews as required
- Conduct service support and reliability review on site level
- Assist customers with inventory and order management as required
- Success is demonstrated with independent measures of customer satisfaction, retention, service KPIs, territory sales and margin numbers as agreed in annual goals and performance reviews.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in applied science/ medical laboratory science / electrical / mechanical or biomedical engineering is required.
Requirements / Work experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years in the diagnostic industry performing high level service delivery
- Excellent technical, product and transfusion industry knowledge
- Demonstrated understanding and compliance with Quality Systems and processes
- Exceptional customer service skills..
- Confidently troubleshoot, diagnose and solve complex customer problems..
- An ability to communicate and work professionally at all levels of a customer organization.
- Teamwork, maturity, autonomy and resilience is expected
- Strong understanding of key stakeholders and customer dynamics
- Consultative and solution selling and relationship building skills well regarded
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interpret data and troubleshoot complex issues to drive resolution
- Long-term, strategic focus on account
- Experience in use of analytical tools and software
JOB FAMILY:Field Services
LOCATION:India New Delhi : 405 Kirti Sikhar
TRAVEL:Yes, 75 % of the Time
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:Not Applicable
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous walking for prolonged periods (more than 2 hours at a time in an 8 hour day)
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.