- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Ass. Risk Modeler#103799India-Mumbai-Mumbai | Full-time | Corporate Functions | Job ID 103799EnglishCredit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking and asset management capabilities. Founded in 1856, Credit Suisse has expanded to be a global force employing over 45,000 people in 50 countries. With new leadership, a new strategy and a streamlined global organization, we are set for growth. We partner across businesses, divisions and regions to create innovative solutions to meet the needs of our clients—and to help our employees grow. It is a high priority for us to continually invest in our employees by providing ongoing opportunities for training, networking and mobility. Join us and let's shape the future of Credit Suisse together.We Offer Part of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) at Credit Suisse, the Model Risk Management (MRM) team has a mandate to validate the Bank's business-impactful models firm-wide and more generally to identify, measure and manage model risk across Credit Suisse. The team is established in London, Zurich, New York, Mumbai, Warsaw and Singapore. As a member of the MRM team, the candidate will get exposure to modeling in a wide variety of risk areas such as credit risk, market risk, operational risk etc. The current heightened regulatory focus on these areas and the team’s broader model risk scope also guarantees a significant level of interest and visibility to the business and senior management. Opportunities to present results to stakeholders as well as peers are numerous, allowing the candidate to widen and develop their network and reputation.
The successful candidate will:
• Participate in independent validation reviews across a wide range of core Risk Capital or other business-impactful models used throughout the bank, meeting business needs and regulatory expectations, with responsibility for investigating key aspects of each model under review: choice of modeling approach, the underlying assumptions and associated limitations, performance and optimal use of the model, etc.
• Review, verify and validate risk models for theoretical soundness, testing design and identification of model weaknesses, ensuring ongoing monitoring, as well as contribute in the firm-wide model risk and control assessment.
• Be expected to demonstrate independence in planning and stakeholder engagement, testing design and execution, results interpretation and presentation, and the production of documentation strong enough to evidence a sound challenge to both internal and external parties.
The truly global scope of model risk means that this role will involve working with an incredibly broad group of stakeholders from every part of the firm, investigating model risk and model governance standards and performing detailed validation of risk models.You Offer Essential:
• Candidates for the role in the MRM team are expected to hold a first degree in a quantitative discipline, e.g. Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Finance, and probably a Masters or PhD.
• Experience in financial modeling and/or model validation. Hands-on experience of risk and capital modeling, derivatives pricing and broader financial modeling is desirable, but regardless of experience all candidates should be able to demonstrate an understanding of capital modeling, financial and derivative products and mathematics, from private study if they have not previously worked in the financial sector.
• Client focus and the ability to communicate effectively with senior stakeholders, including the ability to explain complex topics to a diverse range of audiences.
• Self-motivation, discipline, task focus, the ability to structure and present work and a proven record of delivering high quality results to strict deadlines.
• Experience in data management and analysis or in Front Office IT would be an advantage.
• Good knowledge including programming experience of software applications such as R, Mat-lab, SQL and SAS.Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.
About the company
Credit Suisse is a global financial services company providing Private Banking & Wealth Management services, and Investment Banking services and expertise, to companies, institutions and high-net-worth clients. We are active in more than 50 countries and employ over 46,000 people.
It’s our aim to build the bank of the future at Credit Suisse—to work as one integrated bank, servicing our clients across regions and businesses. It also means fulfilling our responsibility to help shape the global economy, and to make a difference in people’s lives.
We offer roles for experienced professionals and entry-level hiring programs in a variety of business areas. You will have the chance to make an impact from day one, and throughout your career with us, you will benefit from cross-business and international mobility opportunities.