- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Assistant VP - 90227173
Primary Location:IN-Tamil Nadu-Chennai
Posting Range:11 Mar 2019 - 19 Mar 2019
Job Title : Assistant VP
Job Location : Chennai
Barclays liquidity, capital and balance sheet position are great sources of strength to the bank and have helped to differentiate Barclays as a market leader, demonstrated during the recent challenging market conditions, where we have continued to be successful in managing these resources to support all of Barclays businesses whilst responding to unprecedented levels of enquiry and scrutiny from regulators and stakeholders.
What will you be doing?
Effective communication and relationships across all stakeholders – 10%
Working relationship with Treasury management on other work
Product Control – 60%
· Accurate and timely reconciliations
· Documented evidence of reconciliations and differences
· Manage a large amount of work to deliver within tight timetables
· Ensure the maintenance of strong internal control environment
· Monitoring work to ensure compliance with various policies.
· Ensure clean audit results from internal and external reviews.
· Ensure completeness and accuracy of key documentation for key processes, risk assessments and SOX documentation.
· Raise the team’s level of control awareness by leading by example and encouragement.
Systems ownership – 20%
· Maintain and improve reconciliation procedures, spreadsheets and system
· Good knowledge of systems Charms & SAP and spreadsheet functionality
Contribute to team and knowledge management – 10%
· Assist colleagues in related work
What we’re looking for:
· Strong technical accounting ability, incl. ability to effectively communicate technical material to non-experts
· Good knowledge of SAP, treasury systems and excel
· An understanding of a Treasury Balance sheet, P&L drivers and the different classifications of regulatory capital supply instruments under CRDIV.
· Strong desire to increase technical skills and proactive in following through to understand the drivers of balance sheet change rather not just movements. Strong attention to detail, no errors mentality along with a strong understanding of the customers viewpoint in analysing results, undertaking control processes and communicating the outcome of that work.
Skills that will help you in the role:
· Professional Accountancy qualification e.g. CIMA, ACA, ACCA (required)
Where will you be working?
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.