- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Software Engineers conduct or participate in multidisciplinary research and collaborate with design, layout and/or hardware engineers in the design, development, and utilization of productivity enhancement layout tools and design rule checkers, electronic data processing systems software. Determines computer user needs, advises hardware designers on machine characteristics that affect software systems such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements, designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur. Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education, judgement and formal software process.
Ideal candidate will be responsible for handling below items and need to have expertise in same domain:
- Expertise in Linux Kernel, Ethernet Audio Driver, ALSA / Tiny ALSA Driver
- Enabling Audio use-cases in Android subsystem: Playback, Capture, VOIP, A2DP, Voice Call, BTHFP etc.
- Need to android OS migration and enable audio use cases.
- New audio HAL development, feature development, Plugin development, Route manager development/enhancement.
- Debugging/triaging Android Audio system Audio Flinger, Audio Track/Record, Audio applications, Media Player components.
- Good to have experience in Audio Use-case integration and validation.
- Proficient in multithreaded programming and middleware solution development on Android environment.
- Good experience in Android internals (Android IVI preferred)
- Good problem-solver and should e able to optimize the existing design with new idea/solutions
- Android build, porting and customization experience
- System level debugging
- Experience of system integration for automotive infotainment systems is preferred
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Expertise in Linux Kernel Debugging, Audio Driver (ALSA, Tiny ALSA, Ethernet Audio Driver)
- Relevant Audio HAL/Framework and systems software development experience
- Knowledge of Primary Audio HAL, Audio Routing, Audio Policy, Audio Plugin, Audio Flinger.
- Good knowledge of algorithms, APIs and programming techniques used in 3D games
- Strong working knowledge of the Linux kernel and system calls
- 6 -9 years of experience in Android Audio, C++/Java.
Inside this Business Group
The Intel Software and Services Group (SSG) connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel® processor technologies. SSG provides global leadership to the software community through its technical expertise, industry enabling activities, and developer products and programs.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
It has come to our notice that some people have received fake job interview letters ostensibly issued by Intel, inviting them to attend interviews in Intel’s offices for various positions and further requiring them to deposit money to be eligible for the interviews. We wish to bring to your notice that these letters are not issued by Intel or any of its authorized representatives. Hiring at Intel is based purely on merit and Intel does not ask or require candidates to deposit any money. We would urge people interested in working for Intel, to apply directly at www.jobs.intel.com and not fall prey to unscrupulous elements.
About the company
Intel is a place where employees can pursue their passions, support world-changing initiatives, and thrive intellectually.
Our employees are as diverse as our customers, vendors, and colleagues in the global market. This worldwide perspective helps us anticipate, and provide for, the growing needs of a changing marketplace. Here are a few examples:
The collaboration of Intel teams halfway across the world from each other was key to the development of our Intel® Centrino® processor technology.
The leaders of our Technology and Manufacturing Group use diversity to broaden team perspective on projects.
Our International Summit for Proliferating Ideas and Recognizing Excellence lets innovators from every country within Intel Corporate Services share ideas.