- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Consulting Practice Manager-19000L4J
The Consulting Practice Manger position is responsible for a segment within a given practice focused on a specific industry, service line, technology center, specialty area or region. Responsible for managing the three main pillars of a practice: people management, portfolio/delivery management and sales enablement. Responsible for maintaining practice direction, ensuring quality of consulting delivery, and maintaining customer referenceability. Ensures that operational policies are followed and that business objectives are achieved by focusing on best practices and process improvements. Develops plans to successfully implement operational policies and achieves business plan.Typically manages individual contributors.
* Ensure the practice has the necessary skills and expertise to deliver solutions to the market; anticipate product and technology requirements and drive training the team to meet future demand
* Provide oversight to project managers for the successful delivery of projects
* Coach consultants within the team to develop and implement solutions to address customer needs on a wide range of accounts
* Ensure team adheres to appropriate methodologies, consistently utilizes Oracle best practices to accomplish assigned work product and complies to all project standards
* Take ownership of customer escalations and accountability for resolution
* Facilitate and coordinate solutions and designs
* Lead internal program development and implementation that contributes to the practice effectiveness
* Resolve staffing issues on moderately complex engagements
* Identify and oversee the development of customer-facing business solutions and offerings that have an impact on the market
* Review practice performance to assess and respond to risks and issues
* Ensure high levels of project quality/success for practice or other lines of consulting business to ensure high customer satisfaction and profitable delivery
* Participate and comply with project quality reviews
* Create practice hiring and training plans to support the practice strategy taking into account future demand, current team skills, and availability
* Oversee recruiting, interviewing, hiring and on-boarding effort for area of responsibility
* Ensure orientation of new employees to Oracle policies, processes, and resources to maximize retention and new hire success
* Define and document objectives for team members and conduct performance discussions quarterly
* Set and manage performance expectations; coach and mentor employees
* Drive collection of project performance feedback for direct reports
* Deliver on-time performance appraisals and develop training and career plans for direct reports
* Effectively resolve personnel issues
* Ensure completion and execution of employee individual development plan (IDPs) including certifications
* Promote team communication and cohesiveness, fostering a positive team environment
* Promote knowledge sharing across the practice
* Assist and encourage consulting team to develop intellectual capital, reusable assets, and new strategies within the domain expertise
* 10+ years of overall experience including 4 years of consulting experience
* 5+ years of team lead or manager experience leading cross region teams
* A strong background in Project Management, including experience developing work-breakdown structures and project plans, most notably in Microsoft Project.
* Product or industry expertise in Oracle Database, APEX and Cloud Computing
* Product or industry expertise with any Cloud IaaS design & deployments (AWS, Azure, Oracle).
* Product or industry expertise with Python, Terraform, Ansible and other cloud provisioning & tooling.
* Leadership experience with strong interpersonal and excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Strong presentation skills, demonstrating product capabilities and experience developing training and collateral
* Strong consulting skills to interact in a professional manner with customer IT and business users
* Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Visio
* Formal Project Management methodology training, with significant practical use. Certifications such as the Project Management Professional (PMP) are a plus.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
This manager-level position is responsible for a segment within a given practice focused on a specific industry, service line, technology center, specialty area or region. Responsible for managing the three main pillars of a practice: people management, portfolio/delivery management and sales enablement. Has profit and loss responsibility or financial/expense management of practice.
Accountable for operational/financial metrics and overall business results of practice. Responsible for maintaining practice direction, ensuring quality of consulting delivery, and maintaining customer referenceability. Ensures that operational policies are followed and that business objectives are achieved by focusing on best practices and process improvements. Develops plans to successfully implement operational policies and achieves business plan. Is accountable for managing and growing a revenue stream and customer base. Typically manages individual contributors. May serve as advisor for moderately complex engagements.
8+ years of experience relevant to this position including 4 years of consulting experience and 2 years of project management leadership experience. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience. Can lead, engage, mobilize and motivate multiple teams to accomplish goals. Product, technology or industry expertise relevant to the practice focus. Ability to travel as needed.
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire