- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- INDIA, IN
Corporate Finance - Taxation - Team Member - (19000475)
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Taxation is an important aspect for a large company like Indus Towers having geographic spread across India and leading to tax compliances and reporting under federal tax laws, state tax laws and local regulations. A stricter compliances of law and timely deposit of taxes is a minimum and indispensable requirement with no excuses or compromise.
- Timely deposit of taxes and timely filing of returns ensures smooth functioning of business and minimize any tax related disputes. Handling tax disputes in an efficient manner with proper strategy and documentation
- Ensuring Statutory compliances properly adhered
o Timely payment and submission of returns under service tax, Analyzing details and develop proper systems in place for effective compliance with proper record retention
o Monitoring of timely submission of returns under central, state and local laws by the Circle Tax SPOCs, timely deposit of taxes with the authorities ensuring complete statutory compliances.
- Handling notices, disputes and assessments with tax authorities
o Handling Service Tax notices relating to assessments, enquiries, investigations etc. and ensuring timely submission of data and documents.
o Helping circles in handling VAT, WCT, TDS and other notices relating to assessments, enquiries, investigations etc. and ensuring timely submission of data and documents
- Ensuring correct capturing of CENVAT from vendor invoices and WCT TDS at appropriate rates
o 'Providing guidelines to circles for ensuring correct capturing of CENVAT from vendor invoices (like excise, CVD, service tax) and WCT TDS (under state VAT laws) at appropriate rates.
- Handling indirect tax litigation
o Preparing data and document relevant for replying to Show Cause notices of Service Tax, Value Added Tax, Central Sales Tax, Entry Tax, Profession Tax etc.
o Preparing and submitting initial replies against the notices received and assisting the legal consultants for preparing the final replies.
Vetting the replies drafted by legal consultant for onward submission with relevant authorities.
Educational Qualifications, Experience and Skill Sets Required (Mandatory/ Preferred)
- MBA (Finance) / Chartered Accountant/ Lawyer- with good tax experience
- Expert knowledge in excise and service tax; good working knowledge in accounting and income tax
- Learning approach, adaptable to changes , zeal to update himself with the changing law, focused to job, handle responsibility
- Experience in Tax function
Primary Location: India-Corporate
: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Posting: 14-05-2019, 11:49:21 AM