- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
CRES SME - 90188717
Posting Range:20 Aug 2018 - 4 Sep 2018
In support of Barclay’s global strategy to grow and develop teams that can work collaboratively, there is an opportunity to grow GSSM/CRES IT permanent presence in India
Role has key responsibility for Delivery of JAVA related changes, covering Requirements Analysis, Impact Analysis, Design, Configuration, Development, Documentation, Unit Test, System Integration Test, User Acceptance Test, Regression Test, Production Cutover, Data Migration, and Post Production support.
Technical responsibility includes Design, Develop and Deliver high quality JAVA developments and enhancements which include Interface development with cloud based systems via middleware.
To follow Barcap’s standard development processes and procedures during development work.
Estimate the assigned Tasks and prepare Tech Design Documents.
This role is Business Analyst role with Java Skill sets.
The role demands collaborative work across for successful delivery of projects and enhancement/maintenance requests for JAVA, encompassing:
· Requirements gathering and communication to Business users
· Candidate must possess good collaborative skills
· Analysis of requirements
· Functional specifications and Design
· Unit & System Test
· Support UAT and Regression Testing
· Conduct User Training
· Provide detailed documentation to the production support team
· Adhering to Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) processes & documentation
· Take responsibility for implementation of changes to ensure no incidents associated with the change after cutover to production
· Quality Assurance and overall integrity of the changes made.
· Work in partnership with other Technology teams and provide consultative service to Business Units.
· JAVA hands-on development, project implementation and production support experience
· Should be subject matter expert and able to drive end to end solution involving stakeholders additionally should also act as individual contributor.
· Should possess good knowledge of building Interfaces with third party system
· Should have good adaptability in learning new technologies
· Should possess good communication skills and comfortable to engage with stake holders
· Should have very strong core JAVA experience, Web development area.
· Strong analytical and logical skills – the ability to resolve issues in a high-pressure environment
· Will be required to work closely with IT teams and senior stakeholders in multiple locations by driving projects.
· Experience of working in Agile methodology and tools would be an added advantage.
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
For further information on EVP, please click on the link below
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
https://jobs.barclays.co.uk/search-jobs/ & enter the Job ID.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.