- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Information Security Analyst: Develops and executes security controls, defenses and countermeasures to intercept and prevent internal or external attacks or attempts to infiltrate company email, data, e-commerce and web-based systems. Researches attempted or successful efforts to compromise systems security and designs countermeasures. Maintains hardware, software and network firewalls and encryption protocols. Administers security policies to control physical and virtual access to systems. Provides information to management regarding the negative impact on the business caused by theft, destruction, alteration or denial of access to information and systems.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other Network Security Engineering team members to support deadlines; ability to work independently as well.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently with competing deadlines.
- Basic operational knowledge of common security technologies (e.g. ACL's - basic, extended/reflexive, Firewall, IDS/IDP, VPN, etc.); and competent hands on support and configuration ability in at least one security technologies.
- A minimum of 3 year of experience in systems administration or knowledge of LINUX, UNIX and/or Windows. - Some scripting ability in Shell, PERL, Python, or other similar use language.
- Ability to follow documented daily procedures and policies; monitoring tools and response guidelines, escalation and notification processes; and Trouble/Ticket management processes and guidelines.
- Aptitude for troubleshooting and resolving issues even in unfamiliar environments.
Responsibility and Interaction:
- The types of tasks this individual is responsible are a mix of structured and unstructured tasks. This individual will apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving routine to moderately complex problems. Interaction:
- This individual interacts primarily with Staff to Director level employees within the function, and the technical team on assigned projects. There may be communication with employees in other functions as required.
- General direction is provided on routine work, and detailed direction is provided on new projects and assignments; as well as on-going review of activities and priorities.
- The ideal candidate will be an important contributor or lead on team projects.
Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience.
“NetApp is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of all backgrounds, including individuals with disabilities, to apply for open positions at NetApp.”