- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Data Scientist - 90219773
Primary Location:IN-Uttar Pradesh-Noida
Posting Range:28 Feb 2019 - 1 Jun 2019
Job Title : Data Scientist
Location : Noida
To deliver high performing fraud detection machine learning models for use by Global Fraud Management on Barclays UK portfolios.
What will you be doing?
· Development and management of machine learning models for fraud detection.
· Delivery of high performing fraud detection models for BUK and BI portfolios, meeting agreed deadlines and supporting accurate, efficient implementation of models in production systems.
· Perform annual reviews, performance monitoring reviews, retrains and remediation activity on models as required.
· Ensure all deliveries conform to Barclays Model Risk Governance Framework and regulatory requirements and produce robust, clear documentation.
· Keep abreast of machine learning and fraud detection industry developments, incorporating best in class modelling methodologies into projects.
What we’re looking for:
The role requires an independent thinker with data science knowledge, able to use sophisticated analytical techniques to reduce fraud losses and improve Barclays’ customer experience. The role holder must be able to translate technical concepts into implementable solutions, whilst communicating results and benefits clearly to stakeholders.
· Strong analytical skills with experience developing predictive machine learning models, ideally on large data sets in Hadoop environments using tools such as Python, Spark and MLLib.
· Understanding of credit or fraud risk management practices in a Financial Services company and familiar with model usage, technology and governance.
· A Bachelor’s degree in a numerate subject (such as maths, statistics, computer science or physics).
Skills that will help you in the role:
· Experience developing and implementing the latest machine learning models (e.g. Random Forests, Gradient Boosted Machines and Deep Neural Networks) in a financial services company for fraud risk management.
· Ability to take cutting edge data science and machine learning research and translate it into value-adding business projects leveraging the newest algorithms and technology.
· PhD in a numerate subject and certificates in Machine Learning courses.
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.