- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
American Express is a global services company and the world’s largest card issuer. Our direct relationships with many millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide - combined with our leading edge marketing, information management and rewards capabilities - enable us to offer an array of valuable services that enrich lives, build business success, encourage financial responsibility and create communities of people with common interests.
American Express for 9th consecutive year has been voted among India’s top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work “Hall of Fame”.
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We’re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Come join us and realize your potential.
Job Description: This position will be part of the US Regulatory Reporting team based out of Gurgaon.. Incumbent is required to:
• Lead in the preparation and perform detailed review of the Bank Holding Company regulatory filings to the United States Federal Reserve Bank of New York (Federal Reserve) eg. TIC B, TIC S, TIC C, TIC SLT, FR Y-8, FFIEC009, 2314/Y-11 and FR Y-9LP forms and review related reports as required. These quarterly/monthly filings report contain financial and non-financial information in accordance with the applicable Federal Reserve and other authoritative guidance at both the Consolidated American Express Co. and at subsidiary legal entity levels.
• The individual will be exposed to American Express systems & processes and will work with several internal & external groups outside of Controllership/Finance (including senior leaders of the Company) during the course of these filings.
• Oversee the completion of US GAAP subsidiary financial statements for certain subsidiary entities as required.
• Respond to inquiries of (i) Federal Reserve related to the regulatory filings; and (ii) other regulatory & reporting related inquiries from internal and external groups
• Ensure strict compliance with the process PRSA; Management Position Document (MPD) and Regulatory Reporting Item Log (RRIL) Governance framework.
• Lead / Support new business initiatives by carrying out ad-hoc analysis and enable accurate reporting, post new business initiatives.
• Work on global/regional projects which would involve working across finance leadership and coordinating with multiple business partners. Coordinate the completion of regulatory reporting checklists and the external auditors’ review, where required. Work closely and coordinate with various Subject Matter Experts and Global Reporting leaders to receive required deliverables.
• Lead Financial Analysts within Regulatory Reporting
• This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
Qualifications: Chartered Accountant/CPA, a plus. 5-7 year experience in Accounting / Reporting / Auditing. At least 2-3 years in public accounting a plus.
• Prior Regulatory/SEC/Federal Reserve/External Reporting and banking/financial services experience a plus.
• Strong understanding of basic accounting and reporting. Experience in US GAAP accounting / reporting preferred.
• Self-motivated, proactive team player with a passion to consistently deliver high quality service and exceed customers’ expectations.
• Excellent communication/ presentation skills – verbal, written & presentation.
• Able to understand and enhance the control & compliance environment around the filings.
• Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to meet/exceed critical deadlines and manage multiple projects at the same time.
• Excellent relationship building, presentation and collaboration skills
• Quick learner and superior problem solving skills. Focus on generating efficiencies and continuous process improvement.
• Ability and desire to coach develop and promote talent of Financial Analyst/s reporting to this position.
• Advanced knowledge of Oracle financial systems is a big plus.
• Proven track record of streamlining the processes / identifying control
About the company
We’re a company of inclusion—built on service, secured by trust and driven by forward thinking. For more than 160 years, we’ve helped our customers reach their goals. And today, as we continue to transform and lead the way in a digital universe, our goal is to reach more customers than ever—to serve the underserved and bring those in the financial margins into the mainstream.
As one of the world’s largest card issuers and most valued brands, we know the way we do business every day has the power to improve lives. We’re a company composed of individuals who understand and reflect the local communities and larger societies we serve. That’s why we’re focused on giving more customers more tools, more access and more ways to realize their dreams—knowing that those dreams look different in different parts of the world.