- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
What You'll DoYou're a Director of Engineering passionate about building teams and team culture, the product, and the process to bring it to market. You're expert in building new software offerings with agility and urgency.
Required experience in:
- A recognized inspiring leader, with a strong ability to influence others, build consensus, lead teams, engage engineers, and drive towards business and technical decisions.
- Validated ability to lead multiple teams consisting of both contract and full-time employees and senior level technical individuals.
- Someone who knows the difference between leading and managing and is technically strong enough to roll up his or her sleeves and contribute.
- A leader with experience building highly available, horizontally scalable, secure cloud-based services using state of the art process and technology.
- Hands on experience in running large scale dev across several product lines
- Know how to identify and recommend approach to tune and scale systems
- Led the product schedule and feature requirements
- Passionate about building an excellent software development process
- Partner with multi-functional core partners within both infrastructure engineering as well as hosted application SW engineering, to own the technology direction, facilitate key technical decision points, and take the architecture specifications into working engineering outcomes
- Operational perfection
- Ability to commit to road maps with capabilities and timelines, with a consistent track record for new product and technology evaluation and introduction
- Align technology to business strategy, and dedicatedly drive a technical direction throughout the organization
- Document and stay in sync with quality processes following a CI/CD methodology
Whom You'll work withCISCO DNAC team needs a leader to be a part of the India engineering group that will work with the Sr. Director of Engineering for Automation and Analytics within India and also with other global partners.
Who You Are
- 10+ years of experience in infrastructure, software engineering leadership roles.
- Strong engineering delivery and execution track record, with experience around design concepts, development, integration, testing, etc
- Ability to attract talent, support the organization, and develop the next generation of leaders
- Ability to build significant partnership with peers and other cross-functions
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills, including technical influencing and conflict management.
- Full dedication to customer happiness and the highest ethical standards
- Identify and drive innovation in Cisco products, services, solutions, technologies, and processes
- Strong business insight and industry insight thought leadership
- Thorough understanding of scale-out software architectures for on premises and cloud hosted environments across all layers (infrastructure, security, compliance, operations, service support, integration architecture, SP/Enterprise IT architectures, and software life cycle management)
- Ability and willingness to travel globally as required
- Software development and overall automation including Agile, CI/CD, DevOps, Continuous Integration, build and test automation, orchestration/fulfillment, assurance, performance.
- Significant experience in large-scale application architecture/design, middle ware architecture, integration architecture, application deployment methods, automation, testing, compliance, auditing
- Experienced in architecture for highly available cloud-hosted services, including the groundbreaking elements (‘Infrastructure/Platform/Software-as-a-service'), management and automation (‘self-service, on-demand'), multi-tenancy
- Middleware services including messaging, API management, container technologies.
- Core infrastructure networking technologies, including network, compute, storage, physical engineering
- B.S. and M.S. in Engineering or Computer Science
Why CiscoAt Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Digital Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.