- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Engineer - 90223288
Posting Range:8 Feb 2019 - 23 Feb 2019
Job Title : Engineer
Location : Pune
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join the engineering team. As a member of engineering team you will continue to build, extend, innovative next generation banking solutions and capabilities.
To be successful in this role, you must be code author and craftsman, this engineer will be responsible for code delivery in a timely and accurate fashion, and the overall review and guidance of sprint and epic goals. This engineer is expected to produce a high volume of quality code. The leads to work specific stories and contribute to sprint panning, and feature identification will task them.
What will you be doing?
· As a member of engineering team person will continue to build, extend, innovative next generation banking solutions and capabilities.
· This engineer will be responsible for code delivery in a timely and accurate fashion, and the overall review and guidance of sprint and epic goals.
· This engineer is expected to produce a high volume of quality code. The leads to work specific stories and contribute to sprint panning, and feature identification will task them.
· Good team player
What we’re looking for:
· Experience in core java and advanced java (JDBC, Collections, Serialization, Memory management)
· Experience on J2EE (Servlet, JSP, HTTP), Web services (REST, SOAP with XML/JSON, JAXB), JMS
· Exposure to strong OOPs design principles and patterns
· Team handling with leadership qualities and stakeholder management
· Exposure on code review
· Experience on database basic concepts and SQL
· Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms
· Exposure to Agile Scrum Methodology and DevOps.
Skills that will help you in the role:
· Exposure in Performance Tuning/ Investigating and long running applications/jobs
· Ability to collaborate across teams to deliver complex systems and components.
· Evaluate Application to be crafted/refactored towards continuous delivery. (Toggle management etc )
· Ability to evaluate code for performance, understand key code metrics and take design decisions.
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.