- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Title: Manager Engineering – Cost Out and ApplicationEngineering Title name: 071313
If you desire tobe part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a funteam - winning is fun.
We are lookingforward to an Manager Engineering inEaton’s electrical business, based in Pune, Maharashtra.
In Eaton, makingour work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety,health,wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embeddedin who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly definedaspirational goals.
Eaton India Innovation Center (EIIC) -Electrical Product Group (EPG) - Crouse Hinds Division (CHD) team has anopening for Engineering Manager – VA and ETO to lead & manage anengineering team on design optimization to drive cost out and enhance businesswins through application & value engineering of Harsh and Hazardous Areaproducts for US and EMEA markets. He/she will be responsible for driving aculture of innovation, learning & continuous improvement while executingthe projects which include VAVE, application engineering and sustaining engineeringprojects.
- Provide leadership to drive systematic approach to enhance value and application engineering projects.
- Drive growth & accelerate capability development in line with business strategy.
- Lead efforts to enrich PDLC experience and gain end to end ownership on focus areas.
- Provide tactical and strategic direction for product development in CHD.
- Monitors the progress and achievements on the projects in cost reduction and application engineering to drive correct mix in portfolio by contributing to bottom line. Provide regular reports to Leadership and stakeholder on development and help required.
- Manage team’s budget to defined forecast.
- Lead cross functional/ multi-disciplinary team in making technology/ engineering decisions in line with division’s strategy and future growth plans.
- Recruit and retain a team of engineers to provide product development and engineering services to the global engineering needs
- Manage and develop people: identify, attract and develop key engineering talent for the organization.
- Build High Preforming Team through SMART goals, track and enhance the performance of Team by providing powerful feedback through frequent conversation.
- Champion continuous process improvements to support the Eaton Business System; APEX, Employee Survey, DfX.
- Develops an understanding of both technology and product concepts and is able to articulate product design.
- Ensures quality of delivery in accordance with the plan adhering to the standard practices used as per DFSS.
QualificationsIf you are:
Required: Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree inMechanical/Production/Electronics/Instrumentation/Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 10 years ofexperience in the field of product design and development for electricalapplications with experience in leadership and people management. It ismandatory to have the working experience in cost out.
- Experience incollaborating with local / global suppliers for prototype developments,external labs for testing etc.
- Excellent oral andwritten communications skills. A high degree of aptitude, creativity, andself-direction is required.
- Proven experience onTalent management (Hire, Develop, Retain), resource allocation and projectmanagement.
- Sound technicalknowledge and experience in design, development and optimization of productlines such as electronics controls & Smart Products, switches andreceptacles, power distribution, protection and control products and relevantproduct standards like UL, IEC & NEC.
- Extensive experience of gate or stage-based product development life cycle including requirements management, design, development, verification & validation, qualification & certification testing in Electrical / Industrial applications.
- Hands on experience in defining the system / subsystem specifications, designing the system architecture and requirements for complex systems.
- Demonstrated productexecution from concept through commercialization on at least 2 projects ofmedium technical complexity involving concept generation, POC, Verification,validation and certification as per global standards.
- Awareness on product designtools & environment like CAD or EDA and PM Software.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only