- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
F&PE-Junior Formulation Process Lead. - (18008467)
F&PE-Junior Formulation Process Lead
Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
In Syngenta, we recognize that diversity and inclusion is important to our business, we embrace the unique perspective and capabilities of our employees, which will help us continue to drive innovation and achieve our business goals. Our culture enables us to create an environment of involvement, respect and connection with the communities where we operate - benefitting individual employees and the company.
About this Job:
1. To support overall technical coordination for agrochemicals formulation products at Syngenta’s own manufacturing assets and tolling sites.
2. This includes supporting new product introductions & trials, process-trouble shootings, supporting selection of related process equipment.
3. Also supporting process lead for overall technical coordination with Syngenta sites, tolling sites, Formulation Development Lab, Analytical Lab and External labs as required.
4. Understanding overall business requirements and providing technical support.
5. Coordination with related stakeholders.
6. The profile will also require a considerable travel to Syngenta Formulation Sites mainly in APAC, Tolling sites, Syngenta Labs and third-party manufacturing sites as required.
1. Overall technical coordination for Crop Protection Formulation Products (Technology Transfer).
2. Providing technical expert inputs to stakeholders.
3. Responsible for sitting, supporting trouble shooting of formulation products at Syngenta sites and tolling sites.
4. Providing process safety inputs to manufacturing sites.
5. Giving technical guidance and support to third party purchase products.
6. Technical coordination with Syngenta Formulation Development, Analytical and Formulation-Process Engineering teams.
Knowledge, experience & capabilities
- Basic understanding of Agro-chemicals/Pesticides and Formulations.
- Basic knowledge and experience of Formulation Process Equipments like Air Jet Mill, Bead-Mills, FBD, Extruders, Mixing Technologies etc.
- A couple of years of working with crop-protection chemicals at lab scale would be an added advantage.
- Basic understanding of process safety like Fire and Explosion hazards and their mitigation aspects.
- Knowledge of computerized data acquisition and analysis systems.
- Basic knowledge of Analytical Instruments like GC, HPLC would be an desired ability (but it will not be a must).
- Computer literacy in Windows applications and the MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) package.
- 5 years in the field in Crop Protection Formulation field (mainly in are of technology transfer).
Education / Qualifications:
- Master degree in Chemistry or Agro-Chemicals or allied science or Chemical Engineer
Primary Location: IND-Maharashtra-Pune
Work Locations: INR Baner Road Pune 411045