- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Finance Tech Developer - 90216414
Posting Range:31 Jan 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title: Finance Tech Developer
.NET Full Stack developers to deliver best in class applications to support Barclays Group Finance and wider areas of the organisation.
- Encourage a culture of innovation, partnering with business and Technology areas to influence designs according to industry standards and best practice. Ensure quality and productivity across development teams and assist the growth and retention of our talent pool.
- Embed a working environment where developers are self-motivated and feel empowered to manage their own workload and contribute ideas.
- Work to and contribute to solution design documents, translating business requirements into technical designs that can be used to effectively build applications.
- Develop, work to, refine and implement world class standards across the team.
- Consume and produce data from a variety of sources, outputting where necessary to downstream applications, or updating the source.
- Design, develop and deliver innovative and tactical solutions to benefit the finance community.
- Identify and resolve problems, working closely with the business and support teams.
- Understand and implement agile methodologies.
- Be able to contribute to status updates, and own risk or issues to give early visibility of problems.
- Proven background in application development and delivery, including (but not limited to):
o .NET development and delivery including ASP .NET Web Forms, MVC, WCF, Web API, WPF, .Net core 2.0
o SQL Server development, profiling and performance tuning, SSIS, SSRS
o Delivery of solutions that utilise the following concepts:
§ Version Control Management Systems, including GIT and TFS
§ Continuous Integration Platforms, including Team City and TFS
§ Software Component Management Systems including Nexus
§ Code Quality Systems
§ Automated Deployment Solutions, including Nolio
o Delivery of solutions that make use of Automated Testing Software and Frameworks including MSTest, NUnit, MSFakes, Moq and Selenium
- Excellent understanding of SOA and n-tier development.
- Excellent understanding of software design patterns.
- Good understanding of operating systems including Windows Server (all versions) and Linux (Red Hat desirable)
- Understanding of Cloud computing, especially AWS is highly desirable.
- Knowledge and Understanding of other enterprise applications suites, including analysis tools (such as ELK), NoSQL databases, and Warehousing technologies is desirable.
- Basic understanding of big data system.
- Understanding of micro services.
General business skills:
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to motivate a team to achieve high performance.
- Proven skills to work effectively across internal functional areas in ambiguous situations.
- High energy and enthusiasm.
- Inquisitive nature and willingness to learn and develop own skills.
- Commitment to excellence and ability to rapidly establish a track record of delivery.
- Problem solving, able to resolve issues of a complex or strategic nature.
- Good working knowledge and experience of C# and .net framework.
- Strong Knowledge of database SQL server.
- Good experience in JQuery frameworks
- Working to Agile methodologies; preparing tasks against user stories and being able to deliver in sprints.
- Creating unit tests, TDD and BDD.
- Experience in DevOps models and tools.
- Unit testing, Selenium, Git, Windows Server 2012/2016, Unix/Linux
- TeamCity or Jenkins, PowerShell, CA Release Automation (Nolio), Nexus, Sonar, Chef
- Agile, DevOps, Lean, ITIL, AWS and other cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Basic Machine Learning skills will be will be added advantage.
o Probability and Statistics
o Applied Math and Algorithms
o Distributed Computing
About UsBarclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
For further information on EVP, please click on the link below
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclay’s colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
https://jobs.barclays.co.uk/search-jobs/ & enter the Job ID.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
- Barclays recently announced the creation of a new world-class campus at Gera Commerzone located in Kharadi. All Pune based roles will eventually start to move to this new campus starting September 2019. In the run up to that, during the course of 2018, there may be transitory movements of some roles to other temporary sites. Please speak with your recruiter about the specific location plans for your role.