- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- check and improve safety and quality control procedures in your own and suppliers' factories, from the raw material stage through to the finished product
- research current consumer markets and latest technologies to develop new product concepts
- select raw materials and other ingredients from suppliers
- prepare product costings based on raw materials and manufacturing costs to ensure profitable products
- audit suppliers or manage internal audits
- run trials of new products - either alongside or together with product development
- coordinate launches of new products
- deal with any customer complaint investigations or product issues
- compile, check and approve product specifications and labelling
- undertake long-term projects with other departments, such as reducing waste by improving efficiency
- work on packaging innovation and technology
- conduct experiments and produce sample products
- design the processes and machinery for making products with a consistent flavour, colour and texture in large quantities
- build relationships with suppliers and customers
- ensure products are profitable.
- develop the ability to repeat processes to ensure consistency and safety
- liaise with technical and commercial colleagues in procurement, sales, technical services and marketing and distribution, and with official food inspection and hygiene agencies (this takes up a considerable proportion of time on the manufacturing side)
- work with engineering and production to develop solutions to production issues, while maintaining food safety.
- manage the safety, legality and quality of food produced.
Responsibilities and Duties
Would be responsible for all the above.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Food/ Dairy Technology
- 2-4 years experience in product development in low & high acid processing.
- Competency in developing products in the retail space.
- Preferable languages ; English and Marathi
- Experience or involvement in high end vendor assurance for packaging and raw ingredients would be favourable.
- Must be willing to be independent and a self starter showing initiative to problem solve with a drive to develop products that are world class .
- Must be willing to live in a space of continuous improvement.
- Be a team player.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: ₹25,000.00 to ₹30,000.00 /month
- work: 4 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)