- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- CALICUT, KERALA, IN
This position is responsible for overall customer experience, administration, and management, planning, coordinating and directing the development, operation, maintenance and continued vision of the Trade Center.
Work schedule can include nights, weekends and holidays as event schedules require.
General Manager Essential Duties:
- Responsible for lease agreement management along with sales team to provide direction and lead the overall strategy, vision, service and revenue growth for the facility
- Provide leadership and management for the day to day and internal operations of the Trade Center
- Market, promote, and maximize availability of all venue space and attached facilities of the CTC
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining best in class customer service
- Provide and foster overall leadership and support for all staff by creating the appropriate culture and character of CTC through personal and professional conduct and responsible for positive employee relations including effective delegation of duties and fostering high staff morale which leads to increased employee retention
- Oversee physical property for maintenance/repair/replacement needs, ensure accountability for all equipment and inventory
- Responsible for providing a safe and sanitary environment for contracted in-house food and beverage provider; involved in F&B contract services
- Performs market analyses to find opportunities to increase business; works with marketing and guest services to create internal and external promotions
- Review special event contracts for profitability and feasibility
Responsibilities and Duties
As a GM, you'll need to:
- Communicate daily with the management team, planning work schedules and checking client requirements
- Deal with customer complaints, comments and enquiries
- Ensure all events run smoothly
- Manage budgets and financial plans
- Supervise maintenance, supplies and equipment
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
General Manager Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Business Management or related field, or similar GM
- Minimum five years’ experience as a GM or Operations Manager in an events or hospitality related field.
- Extensive background in event sales and promotion preferred.
- Ability to successfully perform all job duties and responsibilities above.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must have expertise in profitability analysis and budgeting.
- Preferred candidate would exhibit strong problem-solving skills in long-term and immediate situations.
Job Type: Full-time
- management: 1 year (Preferred)
- work: 1 year (Preferred)
- Higher Secondary(12th Pass) (Preferred)