- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably and responsibly solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Digital Farming is part of the Yara global organisation. With locations in Europe, Brazil, Singapore and North America, Yara Digital Farming is shaping the future of farming by building new digital solutions to critical problems within agriculture.
We build solutions for farmers, construct hardware and sensors, crunch satellite data, apply artificial intelligence, and turn research results into solutions. Our team is made of designers, developers, IoT engineers, data scientists, agile coaches, architects, devops specialists, solution managers and product owners.
- Managing and leading a cross-discipline software engineering department in India of several teams organised around specific areas of expertise within a matrix reporting environment.
- Work closely with global teams - in Berlin, Sao Paulo, North America and Singapore that are jointly building the Bangalore hub.
- Develop and drive digital governance and best practice including project and development methodologies, application architecture, information architecture, data analytics and user experience together with the other regional digital hub leaders.
- Responsible for the overall quality and operation of the Digital Hub, including managing incoming requests and priorities, the production, status and quality of that work, the digital capabilities and expertise of the factory staff, and the logistics of both delivering and operating completed software
- Stay on top of digital trends, principles and paradigms and be able to relate how these trends will affect the company
- Continuouslydevelop and improve the interface between technology and our commercial teams
- Experience in leading global digital organizations of 40+ people and leading the development of digital products, particularly in organizations that are quickly developing and scaling up
- Understanding of best practice agile development of digital products.At least having experience in transforming a waterfall environment to agile methodology. Setting and implementing new ways of working.
- Prior experience in managing software engineering teams or product management teams
- Must have experience working in technology Start-ups and large corporations
- Must have experience working outside of India
We encourage all qualified applicants from all background to apply and are committed to creating a work environment that fits gender equality and allows combining career progress with the needs of a family or other personal circumstances.
- Well-funded, supported and staffed corporate innovation hub which offers a balance between startup culture and corporate support and benefits
- Direct impact on products, which provide real value to farmers
- Work on sustainable solutions that benefit mankind and the environment
- Full-time, permanent and freelance contract options available with competitive remuneration + benefits
- Support for personal development, trainingand continuous learning
- Commitment to using new technologies and frameworks, in-house hackathons, meetups, and knowledge sharing