- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Join Amazon's HR team and help make a difference for all Amazonians! We are currently looking for an Team Manager - Exits to join our team.
As a Team Manager, Exits you play an essential role in facilitating outstanding service for our customers. Associates look to you for guidance, not only for subject matter expertise, but to model our Leadership Principles and overall best practices. HR Services Manager looks to you for accurate observations and an ongoing connection to the state of daily work. You lead or engage in multiple projects simultaneously, with a constant eye towards process improvement and customer obsession. You will set the culture of your teams by managing team performance expectations and goals, maintaining singular focus on ensuring and improving customer satisfaction, by identifying broader customer impacting issues and implementing solutions to drive quality and productivity, while achieving real time desired service levels.
Associates come to you as the first escalation point if they have a question or issue, and you not only provide them with the needed information, but coach them where appropriate for their growth and development - helping them find the answer on their own when time allows. Overall performance trends should be noted and reflected back to the team manager as asked. Associates emulate your prioritization and work habits, and you provide real-time, constructive feedback on an ongoing basis. You have a strong read on team morale and advocate for the team’s needs. You push back on asks when appropriate, but you also reinforce the team’s direction and goals.
If you have relentless desire to drive process improvement and motivate and lead a team of exceptionally driven, customer-obsessed managers, leads, associates and specialists, all while analyzing systemic issues and implementing solutions to challenging problems, we have the career you’re looking for!
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
· The ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of HRS team members
· Very good knowledge on IN Exits, labor laws and Payroll concepts for India and APAC Countries
· A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the "pulse" of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement.
· Experience with rapid and complex changing work environment.
· Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement.
· Demonstrated experience driving processes improvements and specific skills in Kaizen methodologies preferred.
· Strong project management skills; ability to lead projects at a network level to influence and obtain buy-in, and then drive execution and achievement of the right results.
· Success in creating and driving effective employee relations, retention and reward programs.
· The ability to be comfortable with high volume workload and not be afraid to "roll up your sleeves."
· A strong solutions focus and be comfortable working in an environment which demands strong deliverables along with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions.
· Strong internal and external customer service focus.
· The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously - results oriented.
· Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
Project Management and Communications:
· Identifies customer impacting issues, working out and implementing solutions and process improvements to increase customer satisfaction. Participates in cross-functional process improvement initiatives.
· Drives quality consistency and productivity of team to ensure consistent employee experience.
· Assists in developing and implementing training programs to improve the quality and productivity of the team.
· Drives process improvements to enhance the operational efficiency of the site.
· Understands and effectively utilizes resources provided by internal systems, departments, policies, and procedures.
· Investigates discrepancies, finds and implements solutions.
· Creates business cases and manages enhancements. Presents high quality data findings.
· Identifies need creates and distributes standard communications. Maintains departmental content in all channels. Develops and implements communication plans.
· Identifies and communicates service outages, investigates root cause, coordinates service recovery efforts, and ensures remediation plan is implemented to prevent future outages.
· Leads and develops a team of 15-20 associates from IN and APAC Exits team; responsible for the overall direction, performance management, coordination and evaluation of the team. Manages the team and ensures high service delivery and execution.
· Stays connected to every level of the department through shadowing and skip level meetings. Responsible for the morale and motivation of the team.
· Actively participates in and drives the continuous improvement culture through ‘kaizen’ and lean projects. Identifies and eliminates barriers to accuracy, productivity, and quality.
· Achieves performance goals and objectives in line with the network wide vision and goals.
· Manages the workflow of the team to maintain service levels and ensure equitable workloads among team members.
· Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Amazon’s policies and procedures; additional responsibilities include interviewing, training and motivating employees; planning, assigning and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; and effective conflict resolution.
· Uses voice of the customer data to enhance the customer experience.
· Responds to queries from team, internal business partners, candidates, and customers including high level leadership teams.
· Manages relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, partnering closely with them for process enhancement.
Subject Matter Expertise:
· Acts as a Subject Matter Expert for customers, team and vendors.
· Can articulate top drivers of contacts and departmental metrics.
· General understanding of HR Services workload and priorities.
· Knows and interprets basic legal stipulations. Knows and works with outside sources to develop interpretations and solutions for complex issues.
· Performs audits of team’s work. Assists in developing and approving guidelines.
Advocates for HR Services.
· Bachelors Degree, perfer MBA in Human Resources
· Prior experience leading, coaching, and mentoring a team of 15+ associates, specialists and leads
· Prior experience driving employee engagement
· 6 - 7 years of related experience. HR Shared services experience is a must
· Ability to manage confidential and sensitive employee information and adhere to strict data privacy standards
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
· Strong judgment and instincts. Ability to manage escalations to resolution
· Able to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment
· Project management leadership skills
· Able to audit self and others for a very high level of accuracy
· Ability to develop internal and external facing analytics to drive change within the organization and support departmental goals
· Experience conducting interviews and making effective hiring decisions
· Able to articulate the voice of the customer and advocate for them
· Advanced computer skills using a variety of programs highly desired
· Understanding of resources outside of department. Respected by others in department. Has earned trust of others
- human resources
- ms project
About the company
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
Founded by Jeff Bezos, the Amazon.com website started in 1995 as a place to buy books because of the unique customer experience the Web could offer book lovers. Bezos believed that only the Internet could offer customers the convenience of browsing a selection of millions of book titles in a single sitting. During the first 30 days of business, Amazon fulfilled orders for customers in 50 states and 45 countries - all shipped from his Seattle-area garage.
Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.