- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
IPMDM Business Analyst - 90211443
Posting Range:15 Nov 2018 - 1 Jan 2019
Job Title: IPMDM Business Analyst
· The Instrument and Price Business Analysis’ team main responsibility is to provide quality techno-functional analysis and recommendations; partner with Global Operations, Business and IT teams across the bank providing support for projects and initiatives, troubleshooting issues and facilitation of large remediation efforts across the Instrument and Price data sets.
· This role will focus on the Vendor Data management of reference data, working in collaboration with our developers and external data providers to understand impact of change to our systems and downstream consumers
· The role includes providing BA inputs on enhancements requested by business, regulatory/compliance and trade reporting requirements.
· Team player committed to developing a culture of transparency, integrity and collaboration where all fellow team members are motivated and inspired to deliver the required outcome, taking into account risk and process optimisation factors.
· Track record of successfully delivering an excellent level of service as part of a team under challenging circumstances.
· Part of team that engages data vendors for vendor changes to specifications and data content.
· Analysis can involve data modelling, data quality and coverage, ETL process definitions and data distribution specifications
· Provide high quality functional specifications to Developers and supported all stages of Development, SIT Testing, UAT testing, Release, Post Release validations etc
· Ensures the very highest standard of risk control is adopted throughout their team and all relevant policies and procedures are adhered to
· SME Analysis provision for Operational and Technical process, Communicates with stakeholders and understands business needs for Change or BAU escalation support, captures analysis and documents requirements in an Agile environment, works in partnership with Agile team members to assist leads and translate into functional vision
· Domain knowledge of Instrument and Price Reference Data , Vendor data from Bloomberg/Reuters/Rating Agencies/Stock Exchanges, Corporate Actions processing, Regulatory Reporting, Static and Timeseries feed processing.
· Knowledge of financial instruments like stocks, equity indices ETFs, bonds, convertible bonds, options, futures, forwards, IRS, Equity swaps, OTC Exotic derivatives.
· Knowledge of data standards concepts – data quality management, metadata management, DQ business rules and functional rules.
· Ideal candidate will have experienced on Master Data Management enterprise solutions, which includes off-the-shelf applications like Asset Control, Golden Source, FAME or in-house applications like ESM/THOR etc.
· The right candidate will be flexible and professional under pressure, with strong interpersonal skills together and a focus on succeeding in a challenging environment.
· They will have the ability to work accurately to deadlines and will be committed to proactively seeking new and innovative customer focused solutions.
· It is essential that the right candidate also have the ability to contribute and challenge within a team to improve performance, along with the ability to communicate with peers and senior members of the team.
· They will contribute positively to the organisational culture and will have the ability to work on their own initiative.
· The right candidate will ideally be educated to degree level, or equivalent; will have domain knowledge about Reference Data , technical skills to navigate across complex systems and understand data flow, and eye for detail and ability to multitask.
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.