- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
IT Infrastructure Analyst - 90214646
Posting Range:3 Dec 2018 - 18 Dec 2018
Job Title: IT Infrastructure Analyst
To work as a team member of the IT support team to provide expert Second level IT Support for WINDOWS Servers Infrastructure of Barclay’s. This will include ensuring all Incidents/Requests/Problems/Change Tasks recorded are closed within agreed SLA’s. This is a privileged position and as such requires individuals with the utmost integrity. The role holder will require a high level of Commitment, impeccable personal skills, technical skills and expertise required to perform the specific requirements of the role.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
· Reactive and pro-active resolution of Incidents, performing Changes, Upgrades to existing Windows Server Infrastructure
· Support of Windows Clusters, antivirus, backups, deployment tools and monitoring tools, capacity management, Active Directory
· Implementation of Business driven changes and requests
· Problem resolution including: problem management, root cause analysis and implementation of remedies.
· Knowledge and use of the change/configuration management system
· The provision of advice and consultancy aimed at minimizing the occurrence and impact of service incidents through process improvement.
· Contribution to constant Service Improvements
· Establishing and agreeing the requirements for resource to ensure skills are available to meet current and future work demands of the role.
· Support processes (currently aligned to ITIL best practice).
· Compliance of all risk and audit requirements.
· Ensures that all requests from users for assistance are handled promptly and effectively.
· Regularly monitors the incidents, status and speed of resolution of enquiries and problems; is pro-active in devising improvements and recommending changes to systems, products or services.
· Knowledge of Windows infrastructure (Windows 2003 / 2008 / 2012 Server, Managing Active Directory, DHCP/ DNS servers and activities, Domain controller, Windows Clusters, DFS, TCP/IP)
· Scripting knowledge ( Powershell, VBscript etc)
· Fluent English communication skills and should possess Logical problem solving techniques, backed by tenacity to resolve customer problems.
· Experience in 2nd Level support in similar environment for Windows Servers
· Ability to analyse data
· Bachelors or equivalent
· Understanding and experience using Agile & Lean methodologies
· PowerShell / C# Skills
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
For further information on EVP, please click on the link below
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclay’s colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
https://jobs.barclays.co.uk/search-jobs/ & enter the Job ID.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.