- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions that advance the way people live and work. What sets us apart? Our people and our relentless dedication to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
We are a team of doers, dreamers and visionaries; inspired by our purpose and driven by our strategy. We live by our three values: partner, innovate and act.
Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead, always pushing to discover what’s next. Every day is a new opportunity to advance and grow ourselves, our company and the industry. Some people call it an obsession, we call it a way of life.
What you need to know about the job
HPE Global IT is looking for an IT Manager to manage a team of highly performing, cross-functional team of resources that works on regulatory compliance IT projects as well as managing those projects in a project manager or program manager capacity. We are looking for individuals with the passion to drive significant business outcomes through technical skills, business acumen and leadership.Global Functions IT, part of HPE Global IT is responsible for providing best in class IT solutions to HPE's internal Global functions like Finance, Tax, Procurement, Treasury, Legal and others. This IT manager role as a part of Global Functions IT will manage people and projects that are engaged in addressing HPE's regulatory compliance needs. Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and direction for a team of technical and functional analysts and developers to deliver predominantly SAP projects in Finance, Tax, Global Trade, Financial Services and other regulatory compliance areas.
- Develop a high-performance team through ongoing coaching and constructive feedback.
- Drive out inefficiencies that are reducing the throughput of the team and enable deeper employee engagement.
- Enables the team to meet and exceed relevant IT metrics and commitments per HPE IT's business goals and objectives.
- Manage scope, schedule and health of IT projects in a project manager or program manager role by proactively identifying and mitigating risks and obstacles. Prioritizes tasks in the projects and for the responsible team.
- Applies strong subject matter knowledge to manage staff activities in solving moderate to complex business/technical issues within established policies.
- Act as an IT liaison for certain internal business organizations within HPE to manage their IT applications and programs and address their needs from IT.
- Ensures that systems and applications are highly available and meet or exceed performance expectations, by working with vendors that manage those applications.
- Communicates organizational business plans and strategies with the team and drives performance planning and review.
- Exerts influence beyond the immediate team; demonstrates business acumen and applies it for effective business engagement with internal customers and effective management of programs and initiatives.
- Drives change management in the team or immediate organization; takes personal ownership of the IT strategy and drives support of it. Knowledge and Skills:
- Typically a technical bachelor's degree or MBA or equivalent plus twelve years minimum related experience with minimum of three years project and personnel management or supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in managing highly complex, global , large projects as well as a broader conceptual understanding of other Information Management functions.
- Experience managing and controlling activities of one or more projects and a team of at least 8 people.
- Track record of successfully delivering projects within the planned scope and schedule with an international team of IT & business resources.
- PMP and/or other project management and IT service management certifications and formal education is greatly preferred.
- Functional knowledge in SAP Modules such as Sales & Distribution, Supply Chain/Logistics, Materials Management and Finance is also strongly preferred.
- Requires to have advanced understanding of various Software Development methodologies that can be applied to various circumstances, expert knowledge on test management techniques and tools.
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills, Excellent consulting skills, Demonstrated leader, Self-confident.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills of complex and technical concepts. Demonstrates strong command of the English language.
- High internal drive/self-initiative; Ability to work with ambiguous and incomplete information; Resourceful.
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills; Able to mediate opposing viewpoints; Work well in a team environment. #GlobalITIN
About the company