- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Java Developer - 90214107
Posting Range:4 Dec 2018 - 19 Dec 2018
Job Title: Java Developer
· The Application Development team in Pune predominantly supports the International Private Bank business and operations teams situated in UK, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. This is an exciting opportunity to work with the Avaloq interfaces to assist Barclays Wealth to expand further into these international areas.
· Will be responsible for the delivery of quality solutions across multiple software development projects. They will be skilled in their technical field with relevant experience of the techniques and tools being used. They will work on all phases of software development within a project as a team member:
· Working with business areas to obtain and clarify detailed technical requirements; Designing, coding and unit testing software components for new or enhanced IT systems to a high level of quality;
· Providing technical support to Development leads and Business Analysts; developing an in-depth awareness of relevant software design /development tools and processes, with the aim of providing technical assistance to support their assignment area.
ü Rapidly learn WEALTH/BARCAP applications.
ü Rapidly learn the Wealth Management and Investment Banking domain.
ü Ability to perform end to end business requirement analysis.
ü Providing low level technical design of solutions across different modules.
ü Coding and unit testing of the solution.
ü Work with testers to verify the solution.
ü Rework defects and take part in defect analysis
· Frameworks like spring, hibernate.
· Web service - SOAP and REST
· Application servers (JBoss, Apache Tomcat)
· Version Control Software (SVN / Git)
· Maven, Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, Sonar
· Knowledge of Apache camel will be added advantage.
· RedHat Openshift aPaaS
· Angular framework, Twitter bootstrap.
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
For further information on EVP, please click on the link below
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclay’s colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
https://jobs.barclays.co.uk/search-jobs/ & enter the Job ID.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
*Barclays recently announced the creation of a new world-class campus at Gera Commerzone located in Kharadi. All Pune based roles will eventually start to move to this new campus starting September 2019. In the run up to that, during the course of 2018, there may be transitory movements of some roles to other temporary sites. Please
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.