- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Who We Are
Cisco DNA Spaces is the next gen indoor location services platform from Cisco. Cisco DNA Spaces cloud transforms Customer Wi-Fi into a powerful sensor, unlocking insights and trends from behavior of people and things, allowing the customers to make informed business decisions, optimize operations, and improve experiences
This team's innovations span analytics, IoT, security, automation, and more.
Who You'll Work With
We are looking for software engineering and technology experts to join the Cisco DNA Spaces team. This includes building highly reliable and scalable services and designing innovative full stack technical solutions.
Are you passionate about working on groundbreaking technology with global impact?
What You'll Do
Build high performant, highly scalable, complex and distributed systems – end to end
Develop simple solutions to address complex problems.
Contribute to a future-ready, high quality, and performant code base.
Bring technical solutions to the leadership team, feedback on solutions recommended, new product ideas with the team through design review, pair programming, code review and tech talk.
Ability to share technical solutions and product ideas with the broader team through design review, code review, proof-of-concepts and show and tell
Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products
Implement new features in a highly collaborative environment with product managers, UI/UX experts, and software and hardware engineers.
Who You Are
You will enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment with a “take-charge” / “can-do” attitude and is able to demonstrate flexibility and resiliency. You be self-sufficient and be able to work with minimal supervision. Work with geographically distributed teams across different time zones. A full-stack developer who works on metadata driven products and applications engineering end-to-end, designing components and persistence mechanism.
Bachelor's degree (or above) in engineering/computer science with an overall work experience of 6+ years.
Strong development experience in building web applications using Java, NodeJS and Angular or other client side application frameworks.
Ability to integrate multiple data sources, databases and API services into one system in NodeJS.
· A solid computer science foundation in object oriented programming, and modern software engineering practices from their achievement of obtaining a degree in Computer Science.
· Strong Core Java Language Fundamentals (Collections, Concurrency/Multi-Threading, Localization, JDBC)
· Good Knowledge and understanding of Java Design Patterns
· Proficient in a Unix/Linux environment
· Extensive technical experience and development expertise in data-driven applications utilizing significant relational database engines/NO SQL Databases as part of the overall application architecture (experience with any or all of the following highly desirable: Mysql Oracle, SQL Server ,MongoDB,Cassandra)
· Excellent debugging and testing skills
· Ability to perform performance and scalability analysis as needed.
· Good knowledge of technology and product trends, including knowledge of what is happening in Open Source and in other parts of the software development industry
· Ability to work with large-scale distributed systems
· Excellent in problem-solving and multitasking skills
Experience in tools like Git, SVN, Maven, ANT and any unit/integration testing framework
· Ability to work in fast paced environment with good teamwork capabilities.
Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
Product engineering experience
Be highly flexible and adaptable and demonstrate passion for platform development
Experience with the full web stack performance optimization techniques
Familiar with AWS or other Cloud environment
Mentor and coach development team.
Excellent teamwork, written and verbal communication skills
Identify opportunities to fine-tune and optimize applications of java developed projects.
Ability to work in an agile and collaborative setup within an engineering team.
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.