- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Network Engineer for a world leading Pharmaceutical company which operates in over 100 countries and is headquartered in the United Kingdom. The candidate is expected to work as a network engineer for a large Network support and maintenance function, spanning several continents.
The candidate should possess broad functional knowledge in his/her domain and technical knowledge in relevant network operations. The candidate should have proven expertise in working within a team for Network operational support and remediation activities.
The Network Engineer will be responsible for the troubleshooting/break-fix incidents/changes primarily on Cisco Technologies with additional Load balancer, Wireless services.
Role and Responsibilities
- A network associate engineer will be accountable for meeting the delivery targets set by management
- Responsible for ensuring that delivery is within and better than prescribed SLA levels and help establish processes for continuous service improvement.
- Support, maintain & improve user experience in network connectivity
- Provide accurate, timely diagnosis & rectification of user’s network faults
- Resolve or escalate incidents/problems/SR per established procedures
- Work proactively to ensure prompt resolution of support cases & the highest possible levels of customer satisfaction along with minimal production impact
- Work within an ITIL environment for Change and Incident management.
- Working on incidents raised by alerts/service desk/end user. Working on service fulfillment request through a service catalog,
- Performing Network L1 activities like end-to-end network monitoring, Syslog analysis, handling the device's backup, network devices hardening audit, working with ISP for link failures, follow-up on RFO cases, etc.,
- Handling incidents from monitoring team, troubleshooting it and if required escalate it to next level
- Handling incidents/SR-related to LAN/WAN/Wireless/Firewall/Load balancer/Riverbed from around the globe
- Work along with onsite network engineers to perform any Layer 1 troubleshooting
Essential Skills and experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree is required, MS or MBA preferred.
- 0-1 years’ experience performing various tasks in Network Operations, Troubleshooting
- 0-1 years’ experience in configuring/administrating Cisco routers, Switches, Firewall (ASA/Checkpoint/Palo Alto)
- Skills -LAN/Switching: Cisco Catalyst series switches. Cisco VSS technology, Nexus switches.
Routing: Handling Cisco ISR/ASR routers, knowledge in dynamic routing protocols
Security: Fair knowledge in ASA, Checkpoint, Palo Alto firewalls
Load balancer: Knowledge on Netscaler/F5/Radware load balancer (Good to have)
Tools: Experience in any of one troubleshooting tools like Netbrain, Netscout or any other equivalent tool. Experience on any of one NMS tools like Cisco works, EMC SAS, HP Openview, etc.
Ready to work in a 24/7/365 environment with rotational shifts (APAC, EMEA, US)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with excellent presentation skills.
Desirable Skills and experience
- Preferred candidate with Routing knowledge/Firewall devices from ISP/Service Industry environment.
- Knowledge in Python, Perl, TCL or any other language
- Understanding of Network Automation, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning & Neural Networks is an advantage
- Good knowledge of Incident Management/Change management/Problem Management processes.
- Experience working in a globally distributed team
- Knowledge in ticketing system like Remedy, SNOW
- CCNA(R/S or Security) certification required. CCNP/CCSA/CCSE and ITIL certifications are added advantage
- Able to grasp and understand new technological trends/concepts
- Good experience in using Microsoft Visio
- Must possess good problem solving and communication skills
- Must excel in working in a team environment
- microsoft visio
About the company
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led biopharmaceutical company that spans the discovery, development, manufacturing, distribution and worldwide commercialisation of primary care and speciality care medicines.
We believe the best way we can help patients is to focus on breakthrough science in order to uncover disease mechanisms and develop novel, targeted therapies that interact with them. This is at the heart of our purpose as a company: to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines.
We invest in distinctive science in three main therapy areas where we believe we can make the most meaningful difference to patients: oncology; cardiovascular and metabolic diseases; and respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity. Our science exploits our rare combination of capabilities in small molecules and biologics, immunotherapies, protein engineering technologies and devices. These are reinforced by a strong focus on translational science and personalised healthcare capabilities. We build on our own capabilities by collaborating with world-renowned scientists and academic institutions and partnering with like-minded science-led companies.
Through leading in science, we are confident that we can transform the lives of people around the world and deliver value to our shareholders.