- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
L1 Service Operations - 90230883
Posting Range:5 Apr 2019 - 20 Apr 2019
Job Title: L1 Service Operations
The selected candidate will be responsible for providing 1st Line of support to the Global Barclays LAN and WAN network. The role will include monitoring the network proactively, troubleshooting connectivity issues including MIM support and leverage Change Management Best Practices to implement technical changes to the Network Infrastructure.
What will you be doing?
· Event Management (80%) – Monitor the Network Infrastructure performance and health and remediate if there are any events indicating any degradation of Network services.
· Incident Management (5%) – Handle the Network Issues reported either by the end users, application owners or other support teams (Including the events) and drive it to resolution/restoration of services.
· Change Management (5%) – Implement the technical changes/ configuration changes at the Network level (Switch, Router, Firewall) and new setup.
· Knowledge Management (5%) – Sharing of knowledge with the peers for self and team development.
· Timely Escalations of required incidents to L2 support team and ensuring closure of L1 incidents within agreed SLA’s (5%).
· Service Improvements (5%) – The associate will be required to be part of the service improvement initiatives and would be expected to work on the automation and process documentation/implementation.
What we’re looking for:
• Good knowledge of OSI Layers
• Good Knowledge on OSI Layers
• Basic Knowledge of Networking Fundamentals
• Basic Knowledge of monitoring protocols like syslog/SNMP and able to independently analyse events/logs.
• Good analytical skills to effectively use tools like ping, traceroute, netstat, nslookup etc. to troubleshoot connectivity/firewall/load balancing/DNS/DHCP issues
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Desirable to have working experience on monitoring tools like CA Spectrum and NetCool
• Desirable to have knowledge of DNS and DHCP protocols and experience with Infoblox DDI
• Desirable to have knowledge of Bluecoat Proxy Devices
• Desirable to have knowledge of Routing (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP) and Switching (Nexus, VLANs, CEF, Catalyst, Port Channel, HSRP, VRRP, VPC) – Cisco environment
• Desirable to have knowledge of Change Management and ITIL best practices.
• Desirable to have knowledge of F5 LTM, GTM and VIPRIONS server load balancing platforms including VS / Pools / Profiles / Monitors / WIPs / SNATs along with SSL Certificate handling and PKI.
• Desirable to have knowledge of FortiGate/Checkpoint/Juniper Firewalls
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.