- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
What You'll Do
Here is an excellent opportunity to join Cisco's Datacenter Switching Group (SAN Switching), where you will be working on next generation data center products that enable large scale, low-latency, high speed networks.
You have a unique opportunity to design the products from ground up (Platforms and Software) and come up with distributed, scalable algorithms to support Analytics and Telemetry solutions. You will have ownership of multiple components and play an important role in analyzing new feature requirements, developing design and functional specifications. You will be interacting with Principal engineers and senior tech leads within the BU on design and architectural aspects of features and solutions owned by you. You will also have an exciting time working on the SAN-charter for the product line.
Who You'll Work With
DCSG focuses specifically on datacenter networking solutions. The product and solution portfolio includes high performance fixed and modular Nexus family of switches. Selected candidates would get to work on ACI Nexus 9k product family of datacenter switches. You will have the opportunity to work closely with Customers, Product Marketing, Hardware and Software groups in defining and delivering the products.
Who You Are
Senior Software Engineer working on cutting edge technologies in a fast changing landscape of datacenter technologies and part of the BU having complete ownership of multiple products.
* At least 8 years of software development experience in embedded systems or system software space
* Understanding of Linux internals
* Datacenter networking experience and in-depth understanding of layer-2, layer-3 Forwarding and Fibre Channel technologies are strongly preferred
* Proficiency in programming in C, development of algorithms using efficient data structures to come up with optimized code, debugging and troubleshooting under Linux environment.
* Knowledge of asic forwarding, Linux drivers and 3rdparty ASICs/network processors highly desired.
* Experience in embedded software development is required and any RTOS experience will be an added advantage
* Experience working on Scalable, Distributed Architectures a plus
* Experience working on Network Switches desirable
* Strong written & verbal communication skills,
* Ability to multi-task and solve complex problems
* Ability to self-motivate with a strong desire to learn, and ability to be flexible
* Proven track record of learning new technologies and features on own initiative
* A demonstrable passion for technology and software development
* Ability to work independently and with little supervision.
* Ability to translate high level requirements into specific features, develop functional and design specification
* Flexibility in a fast paced, ever-changing, deadline-driven environment
Educational Background Recommended
Typically requires B.E/B.Tech EE/CS plus 8-10 years related experience in networking or system software development.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.