- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Lead Development Tools Engineer - 90212581
Posting Range:4 Dec 2018 - 19 Dec 2018
Lead Development Tools Engineer
Development , delivery, operation and support of development tool related services to technology teams and users across all operating units.
As part of the above, we must make sure that our platform is both cost effective and efficiently using the hardware it is hosted on. There are opportunities to utilise technologies such as infrastructure as code languages, such as Chef, and cloud based platforms, such as Amazon Web Services or RedHat OpenShift Enterprise, to re-architect our tooling in the cloud using containers. A large amount of effort is being spent on this initiative and it is highly likely that candidates will need to have at least an awareness of these emerging technologies.
· L2 Support of production development tool services. Full incident, problem and change management roles
· Analysis, design, implementation, testing and deployment of change
· Engagement with tool users, business tool champions, vendors and internal technical teams to scope, plan, develop, test and deploy service enhancements.
· Create and drive awareness of tools in collaboration with vendors and internal stakeholders through public awareness channels and various individual enablement programs
· Creation and maintenance of knowledge base and administration wikis
· Delivery of product enhancement demonstrations and user training sessions
· Capacity planning of software licenses
· Reporting of service usage MI
· Compliance with all relevant technology standards, policies and procedures
· Contribute to Agile and DevOps related CoEs and initiatives to promote use of development tool services
· Has an deep understanding of at least one application within the Development Tools suite and some awareness of all tools; Expected to own this tool within the team, including tasks such as maintaining vendor software patches and upgrades for core infrastructure, development and improvement of the tool, and creation and maintenance of best practice documentation, support documentation and training material
· Has good understanding of and is up-to-date with at least one area of agile tooling and general awareness of others. In addition, some awareness, and preferably experience, with a cloud platform and an infrastructure as code scripting language
· Strong domain knowledge of technology roles and responsibilities
· Highly fluency in agile, DevOps and lean based working practices and team environments
· Proficiency in technical authorship and technical training.
· Practical experience of object oriented scripting/development: Python, test-driven development, Windows batch programming and shell scripting
· Experience in administration and monitoring of Windows/Linux systems/Java; use of Unix monitoring tools (sar, iostat, vmstat)
· Experience developing against common APIs (HTTP, REST, SOAP, LDAP, ODBC, COM, etc.)
· Some experience working within a financial services firm.
· Aware of personal development needs and work to gain the experiences and training necessary to progress professionally and remain current.
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
https://jobs.barclays.co.uk/search-jobs/ & enter the Job
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.