- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Lead Engineer - Mechanical Component
Renewable Energy Hydro
GE Renewable Energy
Within the Hydromechanical and tooling Center of Excellence team in Grenoble, the tooling engineer will be in charge, for a given project, of designing the tools for the hydro components, which represents the following activities:
- Do the design
- Do the calculation note
- Participate to the design revue
- Participate to the meetings with the project
- Support during out-sourced manufacturing
- Support during site installation
- Help the dedicated engineer to prepare the technical document like user’s manual / security analysis…
Tooling engineer will take the responsibility of design of the tools used to erect or to maintain the GE hydro products like Turbine, Generator, Valve, Penstock.
• Advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Successful initial experience in design of lifting equipment and access platform
• Experience in engineering of large structures (project execution in a design office), 2D & 3D design (CAD), calculation tools (FEM), analytical calculation (strength of materials) and Product Life cycle Management (PLM) is an asset.
• Knowledge of international standards for mechanical structural calculations (Eurocode)
• Knowledge of Hydro products, is a plus.
• Result oriented, drive efficiency in execution; shall be able to deliver the outcome on time & as per schedule requirement of projects.
• Shall be open minded, multicultural & shall be able to work efficiently with cross regional team of respective COEs.
• Language: Professional English language skills for international communication. French is a plus.
• Ability to work in team around labor standards;
• Manage activity in multicultural and multilocation environment;
• Ability to define his/her priorities, pro-activeness, sense of urgency;
• Rigorous analysis and action;
• Analytical mindset with problem solving attitude;
• Continuous improvement mindset;
• Team-player : positive & engaged contributor to the team, willingness to learn & adapt to business needs; be resilient
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
- 3d design
- ms project
About the company
GE is building the world by providing capital, expertise and infrastructure for a global economy. GE Capital has provided billions in financing so businesses can build and grow their operations and consumers can build their financial futures. We build appliances, lighting, power systems and other products that help millions of homes, offices, factories and retail facilities around the world work better.