- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Role Summary: Foreman for the Workshop. To comply with these activities in a prudent manner, the Foreman needs to have knowledge of materials, drawings, procedures, qualification, inspection, testing and equipment
Essential Responsibilities: • Ensure that the necessary materials, equipment, parts, procedures and qualifications are available to perform the job according to the WOP and the BHGE HSE standing requirements
- Ensure that the work is carried out according to agreed specifications
- Ensure that the work is delivered according to agreed requirements
- Ensure the use of materials and support substances according to specific requirements
- Ensure that the workshop technicians, test equipment and the 3rd party personnel are qualified for the job they do
- Ensure that the workshop procedures cover the actual work, and that they are followed
- Ensure that the workshop equipment, and facilities are suitable and in operational condition
- Ensure that WOP is followed, filled in with necessary information, contain correct documentation and are signed and completed.
- Successfully commissioning, running, maintaining and repairing equipment
- Reporting all non-conformance and malfunctions
- Promote and ensure compliance to company and regulatory HSE requirements & expectations at all time
- Promote and ensure compliance to company and regulatory Quality management systems at all time
- Comply with company and customer policies, procedures relating to Health and Safety
- Maintain customer focus to meet operational deadlines
- Personnel responsibility
Qualifications/Requirements: • Technical College or degree from University (BSc or MSc)
- Min. 5-8 years industrial experience
- Be able to work in a busy environment and handle pressure from internal- and external customers
- Ability to introduce change and implement new programs and strategies
- Possess a sense of urgency and a proactive, customer service philosophy.
- Ability to be sensitive to the needs of customers through the practice of quality service principles.
- Experience working with sub-contractors, QC, warehouse and documentation
- Being able to read manufacturing drawings and specifications.
- Able to comply with customer requirements, an evaluation that is based on the product / structure's complexity, or out of the requirements for safety, environment and property
- Good interpersonal skills as a team player or individual.
- Management experience and skills
- Cooperation and interface management skills.
Desired Characteristics: • Subsea/Surface background preferred experience in assembly and testing.
- Certificate of apprenticeship
- PC Literate: Word, Excel, SAP, MS Project
- Prepared to work as part of a team or individually when required
- Knowledge and experience within engineering, project planning, risk management, HSE and QA.
- Perform work safely and get customers satisfaction.
- Reporting to Workshop Manager
- Daily interaction with workshop team
- Daily interaction with project team
- Occasional contact with subcontractors
- No direct financial control; however responsible of keeping the costs at a minimum.
- Ensure utilization of welding personnel and reduce use of overtime
- Responsible for dedicated workshop staff
About Us: Baker Hughes, a GE company (BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Additional Locations: India;Kakinada;