- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- null IN
Based in Silicon Valley, Tintri is a wholly owned subsidiary of DataDirect Networks (DDN), the data-at-scale powerhouse and world’s largest privately held storage company. Tintri solutions serve the needs of enterprise data centres with intelligent infrastructure. Our product portfolio includes advanced technologies from Tintri (acquired September 2018), Nexenta (acquired May 2019), and IntelliFlash (acquired from Western Digital November 2019). This portfolio offers a fresh choice and a new experience to elevate your user experiences through automation, analytic insight, and tight integration with application workflows for your enterprise applications, including mission-critical databases and business applications, virtualization, and flexible software defined solutions. Learn more about the Tintri portfolio of solutions athttps://www.tintri.com/products
Tintriis looking for motivated and passionate individuals that are self-motivated in their work and careers but we are valuing and thriving in an environment where collaboration and teamwork are at best. We are all together on a quest to provide game changing storage solutions.
Staff Engineer, QA
This position is open for a strong self-motivated Software Developer in Test with passion for quality and automation. Strong fundamentals in virtualization concepts and automation, resulting in shipping a next generation storage appliance.
- Analyze product requirements specifications and functional specifications and prepare a detailed functional test specification. Independently design and document detailed test scenarios to cover all levels of test, including performance and scalability under load/stress. Effectively employ automation to reduce testing cycles on repeated tasks.
- Enhance and maintain test automation tools, test suites, and test lab machines.
- Learn, adhere to and lead others to adhere to the established Tintri Software Development Life Cycle.
- General familiarity and experience with computer hardware and firmware, e.g. IPMI/BMC, ISCSI, SAS, SATA, RAID, NVRAM , NVMe, hardware and software encryption, SSD, HDD, HA etc., as well as an ability to manipulate them are required.
- Strong expertise in HDD, SSD and expansion shelf management and monitoring.
- Work closely with project managers, software developers, business analysts and Operations team members to ensure quality products.
- Collaborate with software and hardware developers to tune code and track all problem reports to closure.
- Skilled with at least one common scripting language such as Python, Perl, or bash. Competence with C/C++, object oriented development, and software patterns are highly desired.
- Strong in UNIX or GNU/Linux.
- Experience configuring, testing, and troubleshooting multiple network interfaces within and between hosts.
- Strong knowledge and Experience in storage systems, networking troubleshooting and integration testing
- BS or MS in Computer Science
- 8 - 10 years of QA / software development
- Experience in architecting and implementing a test strategy with strong emphasis on Platform and Filesystem automation.
- Experience in using virtualization technologies such as VMware, Hyper-V, or Xen. VMware and Hyper-V are preferred.
- Experience with distributed filesystem storage environments
- Experience with file system, hardware fundamentals and common protocols (NFS / CIFS).
- Experience in storage systems troubleshooting and integration (NAS appliance a plus).
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Knowledgeable with common scripting languages (Python, Perl) DDN Core Characteristics
DDN has a very strong orientation towards these 4 characteristics and any successful employee will demonstrate these capabilities:
Self-Starter - Takes independent action to identify and solve problems. Seeks out relevant information needed to make decisions. Gets involved with new initiatives.
Success/Achievement Orientation - Delivers quality results consistently. Targets, achieves (or exceeds) measurable results. Sets challenging goals, focuses on critical priorities, and is accountable.
Problem Solving - Recognizes problems and responds with a systematic assessment that identifies and addresses cause of issue. Practical, realistic, and resourceful.
Innovative - Builds and improves key business processes that enhance the effectiveness of DDN. Generates new ideas, challenges the status quo, and solves problems creatively.
DataDirect Networks, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, sex stereotyping, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
About the company