- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Description :
Diageo Business Services India (DBSI) has recently been established as DIAGEOs fifth shared service center to handle DIAGEO-wide transactions across various world regions in a multicultural, and multi-language environment.
DBSI forms part of the Global Diageo Business Services (GDBS) which is an organisation containing Diageo’s Business Shared Services and Diageo IS services. The GDBS function aims to create value for Diageo by driving exceptional business performance through the design and delivery of integrated processes, systems and data, managing costs through excellence in service delivery.
The Finance Manager role provides a unique opportunity to be part of a dynamic new team and lead the exciting journey of setting up, heading and embedding the Finance agenda for the new DBSI entity.
The operating cost base for Diageo Business Services India (DBSI) is projected to reach £16m in three years (P&L), with an asset base asset base of about £7m (NBV 2019) in the balance sheet.
DBSI has a truly global reach servicing virtually every market in Diageo, operating under a Special Economic Zone (SEZ) license. Main interactions will be with local DBSI leadership and central GDBS finance teams. Relationships will also need to be developed with third party tax advisors and audit firms.
Purpose of Role
The Finance Manager will provide management with the financial and operational support to drive the company’s strategic objectives. The successful candidate will manage and grow the financial resources of the company in accordance with fiscal policies, controls and procedures.
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
Timeliness and quality of financial information
- Preparation of monthly financial reports to internal management and to the central finance team, ensuring a high level of accuracy within agreed deadlines
- Management of daily cash balance ensuring compliance with global treasury process and policy
- Point of contact for recharge matters and relating communications, with responsibility for operating the intercompany recharge process, ensuring relevant documentation is in place and recharges are processed on time and accurately
- Management of SEZ related matters, and preparation of Service Tax and VAT documentation and reporting including refund related work
- Prepare regular and ad-hoc reporting to the Registrar of Companies Act, and Import & Export authorities
- Provides oversight for all procurement contracts and purchase orders from a commercial perspective
- Ensures conformity to IFRS, GAAP, FASB and local requirements (eg. Prof. Tax, Provident Fund, ESI rule, Shop & Establishment Act)
Planning and Forecasting
- Operate the financial planning and reporting process including the Annual Operating Plan (AOP), Monthly tracking of actuals versus budget, and forecasting Risks and Opportunities
- Identify and deliver improvement initiatives to continuously improve the quality of the DBSI Business Performance Monthly (BPM) process
- Manage monthly and annual statutory filings in line with local regulations, working together with our auditor partners and tax advisors
- Coordinate preparation for external and internal audits, ensuring proper maintenance of accounting records and documentation in compliance with statutory requirements and Diageo policy.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objective of the Centre
Team & Vendor Management
- Build and manage a strong internal team of accountants (For specific Finance & Accounts roles) who are client service oriented with a strong drive to deliver high quality output (accuracy) with an ability to work under strict timelines (timeliness)
- Manage vendor/partners where finance services are outsourced to ensure that there is compliance/adherence to defined SLAs at an optimum cost
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Qualified accountant
- Minimum 8-10 years of relevant professional experience
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to interact effectively with personnel at all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- High degree of attention to detail
- Excellent financial system and excel skills
- SAP experience
Worker Type :
Bangalore Karle Town SEZ
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date :
About the company
British multinational alcoholic beverages company headquartered in London, England. It is the world's largest producer of spirits and a major producer of beer and wine.
Diageo's brands include Smirnoff (the world's best-selling vodka), Johnnie Walker (the world's best-selling blended Scotch whisky), Baileys (the world's best-selling liqueur), and Guinness (the world's best-selling stout). It also owns 34% of Moët Hennessy, which owns brands including Moët & Chandon, Veuve Clicquot and Hennessy.