- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Why American Express?
There’s a difference betweenhaving a job and making a difference.American Express has been makinga difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big andsmall, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges andreap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference inthe lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helpingthem with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they growtheir skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family orcommunity. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them,giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the bestway to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of AmericanExpress.
Don’t make a difference withoutit.
Don’t live life without it.
Function Description:GMS Insights & Analytics - Small Merchant Analytics Manager
Purpose of the Role:
GMS Insights and Analytics team sits within the EDA organization but supports GMS for their advanced analytics needs. The team aims to provide best in class analytics to support key GMS priorities by focusing on:
• Marketing targeting and segmentation of Small Merchants
• Creation of marketing triggers for small merchants
• Delivery and innovation on the Business Insights product for the large merchants
• Portfolio analysis, insights and reporting for large merchants
• Analysis and insights from marketing to AXP merchants
• Creation of analytics capabilities to support above business priorities
• Development of automation capabilities to deliver merchant analytics at scale
This role will focus on evolving the analytics for Small merchants business.
The core responsibilities include:
• Providing Strategic analytical support for US Small Merchant CCLM/CMT portfolio
• Early diagnostics for low touch and high touch US Small Merchants/OptBlue campaigns
• Provide strategic insights to stakeholders on prioritized deep dives
• Develop new merchant servicing solutions to drive incremental business value and merchant satisfaction
• Use automation to enable various team initiatives to be more scalable
• Build and manage a high performing and highly engaged team
Critical Factors to Success:
•The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
• Strong analytical skills and experience with reporting and measurement
• Ability to identify analytical capabilities and platforms to help automate / scale business and work with technology partners on the implementation
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of managements and influence strategy.
• Ability to prioritize and deliver work within a deadline-driven climate
• Team player with demonstrated ability in collaborating across the organization
• Self-starter with the ability to drive results. High-energy and proactive with the ability to work well under pressure
• Knowledge of merchant business and data environment is a plus
• Experience with experimental test design, modeling techniques and data mining is a plus
• Experience in leveraging Big Data Capabilities(i.e. KNN, Gradient Boosting Machine, Random Forest etc.) is a plus
• 5+ years relevant experience
Technical Skills :
Coding in SAS/R/Python
• Master Degree in Economics/Statistics/Mathematics/Computer Science or related fields
Analytics & Insights & Targeting
R, Python, SAS, SQL, Hive, PySpark
Advanced Statistical Techniques
Coding in SAS/SQL/R/Python
Knowledge of Platforms:
Big Data –Cornerstone
Knowledge or experience on Digital Marketing platforms like Google AdWords, Facebook.
Visual Basic Applications
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 12, 2019, 12:57:40 AM
About the company
We’re a company of inclusion—built on service, secured by trust and driven by forward thinking. For more than 160 years, we’ve helped our customers reach their goals. And today, as we continue to transform and lead the way in a digital universe, our goal is to reach more customers than ever—to serve the underserved and bring those in the financial margins into the mainstream.
As one of the world’s largest card issuers and most valued brands, we know the way we do business every day has the power to improve lives. We’re a company composed of individuals who understand and reflect the local communities and larger societies we serve. That’s why we’re focused on giving more customers more tools, more access and more ways to realize their dreams—knowing that those dreams look different in different parts of the world.