- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
MCA DSS Designer - 90230024
Posting Range:8 Apr 2019 - 22 Apr 2019
Job Title: MCA DSS Designer
• Provide technical consultancy for new initiatives, to assist in the definition of business solutions or technical strategies
• Produce High Level End-to-End Design documents
• Solve unique and complex technical problems with broad impact on our key Business areas as a whole
• Develop an in-depth awareness of new tools, processes and technical developments relevant to your area of expertise, and seek opportunities to apply them
• Work with technology architects on the definition of product strategy and roadmaps
• Collaborate with business analysts and developers to turn business requirements into solution designs that meet the business needs while aligning with our technical strategy for each application
• Understand technical constraints of the environment and architecture, building this into solution design
• Produce end-to-end system designs, engaging, directing and collaborating with other internal and supplier teams as required
• Able to peer review codes will be added advantage
• Bring innovative ideas to solve technical challenges
What will you be doing?
• End-to-end software development lifecycle
• Software development methodologies, e.g. waterfall, agile
• Awareness of leading-edge tools, techniques and services within IT
• Software development consisting of some of the following languages and technologies:
• Java, JSP, Struts 2
• J2EE frameworks : Spring, Hibernate.
• Java web services, SOAP and REST API
• Databases (Oracle / SQL )
• Application servers (JBoss, Tomcat, Apache)
• Version Control Software (SVN / CVS / Git/ Gerrit)
• Jira, Confluence, Jenkins
What we’re looking for:
• Demonstrable experience in a Solution Designer or Solution Architect role with strong evidence of end-to-end delivery
• Able to independently drive solutioning & comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
• Strong stakeholder management.
• Strong evidence of design techniques covering all phases of the project lifecycle, both Agile and Waterfall
• Demonstrable knowledge of accessible design and Human Computer Interaction design
• Experience of at least 2 of the following:
o Spring MVC
o Databases (Oracle, SQL Server)
o Service Orientated Architecture
o Micro Services
o Banking platforms (including contact centre platforms)
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Degree or equivalent in an IT related discipline
• Experience and knowledge of voice biometrics technologies
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.