- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
What you’ll be doing...
You’ll provide business intelligence that helps our team to evaluate complex issues and make smart decisions. You’ll partner with your internal clients to understand what they need to know, and then design the research plan to get answers. You’ll also design new systems and programs to gather and unleash the power of big data. You will generate insights that will help propel our business forward.
•Collaborating with others to identify analytic requirements and devise the best possible solution.
•Analyzing complex operational, economic and accounting data to quantify the competitive business segments and evaluate potential operational changes.
•Defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts and drawing conclusions.
•Developing innovative strategies.
•Developing models to predict future outcomes.
•Consulting with stakeholders and senior leaders on insights, trends, and data-driven solutions.
What we’re looking for...
Able to think analytically and use a systematic approach to analyze data. Experience in usage of different analytical techniques like regression, classification, time series,hypothesis testing etc. Lead projects independently that involves machine learning and analytics.Responsible for the creation of new data science capabilities for the business systems.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain technical concepts and analytical findings to business community.Ability to understand complex business process and break them into simpler solvable problem and provide analytical solutions.Ability to work with a global team,playing a lead role in communicating business problem context to remote teams.
- Solid experience in deploying predictive models for quantitative analytics/applied statistics/machine learning and advanced analytics
- Able to do data visualization to communicate the finding into actionable insights,deliver concise verbal and written explanations of analysis to higher management that can elevate findings into strategic recommendations.
- Experience with Big data platforms(hadoop,hive,spark) is preferred but not mandatory
- Lead a team of data analysts,data scientists, architects and manage the execution by planning project activities,assigning tasks, tracking progress and report the project mile stones to program manager.
- Candidate should have excellent people management skills and must have led a team of 10+ for at least 4 years in analytics domain
- Excellency in conflict management and de-escalation, is preferred
- Natural ability to coach,share and transfer knowledge to colleagues to rapidly scale capacity to deliver and grow the organization
- Ability to work in an Agile development environment using tools such as JIRA,Confluence and GIT
- Working closely with onshore and offshore development team, he/she is expected to drive delivery of the application development through effective leadership.
- Strong knowledge in analytical tools/techniques and minimum 4+ years of experience in R/Python/SQL or other statistical programming languages like SAS/SPSS.
- Candidate should have a overall experience of 10+ years in Engineering/Technology
- Proficient in Segmentation,Clustering, Decision Trees and Statistical Modeling
- Expertise in using various statistical techniques(regression,logistic regression,Xgboost,neural nets) to perform analysis and drive conclusions.
- Unsupervised learning - Clustering, PCA etc
- Supervised learning - Naive Bayes,Random Forest,XgBoost,SVM,KNN etc
- Experience in Telecom domain is preferred but not mandatory
- UG : Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics
- PG : Mathematics/Statistics
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.