- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Network Engineer - 90214565
Posting Range:4 Dec 2018 - 19 Dec 2018
Job Title: Network Engineer
· Work with key stakeholders and customers to understand requirements, and define appropriate standards
· Work closely with the Product Management teams to create and maintain the technical strategy and product roadmap for Core Networks
· Perform product testing and certification to ensure all products and services are rigorously tested, secure, stable and fit for consumption
· Development of build standards to govern the deployment of products and services within Core Networks
· Own the Product Security Incident Response and Vulnerability Management processes and procedures for all Core Networks products
· Define the technical standards for Core Networks products at Barclays
· Provide technical leadership, oversight and governance for network deployment and operations teams
· Ensure Product Engineering deliverables dovetail with automation in other technology streams, providing unified coherent solutions across functional verticals and business units.
· Produce documentation to a consistent and high standard
· Within the team each Product Engineer will be directly responsible for a subset of technologies and services, this will involve:
§ Understanding and recording the requirements for the product/service
§ Building testing environments and defining test plans
§ Ensuring products and services are rigorously tested, secure, stable and fit for consumption
§ Recording test results and creating build standards
§ Ensuring products are integrated with relevant Barclays management and monitoring systems
· Contribute to the technical architecture & design standards for Core Network Product at Barclays
· To Create and maintain strong relationships with your stakeholder network, ensuring network products are relevant and meet the required outcomes
· Continually assess market capabilities and industry best practices to ensure Barclays is adopting the most relevant products and service
· Contribute to the definition of the target architecture for network products within the bank
· Contribute to development and prioritisation of the release roadmap for Core Networks
· Ensure product standards comply to all relevant security, compliance and audit policies and regulations
· Hands-on experience on following Data networking technologies – Data &Wireless and Security
· Experience in designing / building /testing wireless environment like Cisco ,7 Signal and having good understanding SDA based architecture
· Experience in designing / building /testing network security products in multivendor area like Cisco, Fortinet, Checkpoint, Palo Alto, Versa, VMware, which covers physical, virtual and cloud environment.
· Security products such as Firewalls, NAC/AAA (ISE/Forescout), Web Proxy, UTM appliances, WAF, DDoS mitigation technologies, etc.
· Having good understanding of SDN technologies like Cisco ACI, VMWare NSX, Versa SDWAN
· Conversant with working in DevOps based model which is to focus on configuring network components based on various APIs – like REST API, SSL, NETCONF and conversant with JSON, XML based data structure
· Excellent in managing product life cycle which includes activities performance/functional/tools integration testing, bug analysis and remediation, vulnerability management, etc.
· Excellent in using traffic testing tools like Spirent , Ixia etc
· Desirable to have Python experience for network automation/scripting
· Desirable to have working knowledge of DevOps tools like Ansible, Cisco NSO and Django framework
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.