- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
What You'll Do
As a DATA ENGINEER, you will:
· Be the Problem-solver and be the catalyst that will help business teams make better decisions using Data.
· Design, build, and operationalize solutions using the latest in oracle and Java technologies to satisfy business needs.
· Train and mentor other Data Engineers.
· Above all, come with a curious mind and a passionate learning mindset
Who You'll Work With
We are building a best-in-class team of passionate, result oriented problem solvers with the aim of enabling better data-driven decisions and thereby creating business impact.
We operate as a startup: work hard, learn every single day, focus on doing measurable and impactful work; and have lots of fun along the way
Who You Are
Do you thrive in a multi-tasking, rapid prototyping, and agile development environment? You bring the ability to draw conclusions from data and recommend actions. Good interpersonal skills are an important part of what you bring to this role.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
· BS in Computer Science or a relevant Engineering degree with strong Computer Science fundamentals
· 5+ years of professional experience crafting and building software applications.
· Hands-on experience in RDBMS (Oracle ERP), PL/SQL and Python
· Hands-on experience in on developing/supporting industry standard web technologies, open source technologies delivery. Strong knowledge of Java /J2EE /Services (SOAP /REST).
· Knowledge of Data Science techniques
· Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are rapidly growing our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine crafting unprecedented disruption. Your groundbreaking ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a phenomenal Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
At Cisco, each person brings their rare talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
· We connect everything – people, process, data and things taking ambitious risks to craft the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with rare personalities who aren't afraid to change.
· We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Cities to your everyday devices.
· We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
· Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, applicants with arrest and conviction records.
· We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us!
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.