- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
PF IT- Senior Developer - 90222404
Posting Range:3 Apr 2019 - 18 Apr 2019
Job Title : PF IT- Senior Developer
Location : Pune
Role is part of Prime Finance IT organization. METEOR is a key application across Cash & Synthetics business in Equity Finance Group and is responsible for providing all Data Management, Reporting, Analytics services for Equity Finance area. It provides tools to manage financial resources more efficiently, share P&L between business units. The Purpose of this role is to develop the required METEOR functionalities and take ownership of the deliveries.
· This FTE is a vital to increase our capacity to deliver increased METEOR business agenda for 2019
· Role holder is expected to play key role in several critical Operational Efficiency and BICEP Projects
· This role will replace a current open position in India along with other team members (mainly the vendor partners)
What will you be doing?
· Development (90%) - hands-on coding of key application patterns and components as part of functional and non-functional requirements. With the sound technical background solid understanding of Prime Services – Equity Finance domain
· L3 support (10%) - Support monitoring and troubleshooting of both production and non- production environments; address any client/trader/user queries promptly; minimize impact to business in case of production issues.
What we’re looking for:
· Experience in writing complex SQL/Stored Procedures in data intensive applications using MS SQL Server (2008/2012) or similar. Sound knowledge in Data Warehousing, strong data analysis and data modelling skills
· Experience in doing performance tuning on large MS SQL database
· Experience in ETL using Informatica (or other ETL toolset)
· Creating and maintaining Data dictionaries
· Linux and Shell Scripting
· Experience with automated testing, build and release management
· Excellent communication skills
Skills that will help you in the role:
· Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or equivalent experience
· Exposure working in a globally distributed teams in Banking and Financial Services environment
· Exposure to Business Intelligence tools such as Business Objects and Composite is highly desirable
· Role requires an aptitude for learning complex business workflows, and candidate is expected to play a significant role in building our Pune development team and contributing to our global technology .
· Prior experience working in Agile methodologies
· Exposure to data discovery tools like Qlikview is a big plus
· Knowledge of Prime Services, Equity products, Cash or Swaps (Derivative) business is a big plus
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured,
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.