- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
GLOBALFOUNDRIESis the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as one of the largest foundries in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 250 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany and the United States, GLOBALFOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers the flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company’s 300mm fabs and 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe and Asia. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by the Mubadala Development Company.For more information, visit.
Position Title: RF IP Development Technical Leader
Work Area:RF-Foundry IP Development
Summary of Role:
- Perform Technical leadership by taking responsibility to initiate, plan, execute, monitor, and control RF IP Development projects from requirements definition to release of the RF IP and its silicon hardware validation.
- Would be acting in concert with an existing RF IP Development team technical leader to expand overall leadership role for the growing RF IP Development worldwide team.
- Would be involved in every aspect of IP design sizing, development, maintenance, customer support, risk management, change control, schedule tracking, status reporting until IP publishing and hardware validation activities complete.
- Would deal with Globalfoundries RF IP team member direction and organization as well as external contract negotiation and management of third party IP development or hardware testing.
- Education: BS + 10 years’ experience, or MS + 7 years’ experience in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Requires a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) or equivalent degree in a related field from an accredited university.
- B.S. + minimum of 11 years of relevant experience
- M.S. + minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
- PhD + minimum of 7 years of relevant experience
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience with digital / analog circuit design with 3-5 years of project or line management experience
- Language Fluency – Fluent in English Language – written & verbal.
- Requires skills to perform strong leadership, solid team building, effective communication, and ability to work with many other leaders from across various functional areas within Globalfoundries and external subcontracted vendors.
- Must have experience with resource and project management, schedule development, SOW creation, and financial budgeting / tracking.
- Need to be able to collaborate with design leads on Project planning and resource allocation for multiple concurrent projects.
- Work with a RF IP Development team that uses industry standard design tools including gate/transistor level electrical circuit design and physical layout for Foundry circuits, circuit design verification using circuit simulation tools, and electrical and physical rules generation.
- Be capable of participating in design reviews related to circuit architecture, circuit design implementation, layout, and silicon validation teams from concept through design and test stages.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Project Management certification or formal PM training is desired.
- Knowledge of the end-to-end IP and Chip design cycles
- Familiarity with industry standard IP and chip design tools for circuit / electrical design, physical layout and verification tasks in circuit and chip level design flows (Cadence, Mentor Graphics, Synopsys)
- Knowledge in RF technologies (Bulk, CMOS & SOI) process is desired.
- Capability to take on key technical design roles as needed.
- If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
- An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- GLOBALFOUNDRIES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
About the company