- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob PurposeDevelop DB2 Competency center for Global DBA team creating best practices for implementation of DB2 features and solutions to high volume performance issues.Principal Accountabilities
- Design and implement processes and procedures to reduce and eliminate database outages and downtime. Optimize databases for maximal performance, scalability, flexibility, and reliability
- Lead production debug and troubleshooting efforts along with database modeling sessions, creating logical, and physical models
- Work closely with application teams to create and maintain schema objects, design and debug triggers, stored procedures and user defined functions.
- Complete performance monitoring and tuning to maintain maximum performance, review and implement backup and restore strategies
- Monitor database logs for hardware, memory or disk space/ capacity issues and take appropriate action. Implement database parameter and configuration changes for optimal performance with the host operating system.
- Responsible for capacity planning, roadmap development, architecture and integration design
- Responsible to build the DB2 competency within the team across multiple sites
- Ensure the database environment remains in compliance with our vendor license agreements
- Document, Plan and Test Disaster Recovery procedures.
- Design, implement and maintain database security strategies that provide the appropriate level of security for users and applications.
- Familiarity knowledge of SQL Data Propagation technologies
- Familiarity of DB2 MQ Replication
- Familiarity of Oracle and SQL Server databases
- POSITION SPECIFICATIONEducationBachelor or higher degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information TechnologyExperienceMin 6 years of DB2 Database Administration ExperienceKnowledge of JDBC, DB2 Clients, DB2 Connect and Platinum toolsProficiency in troubleshooting, fine-tuning, and scalability techniquesExtensive experience in availability and capacity monitoring, implementing replication, backup and recovery strategies, and performance tuning DB2Other Essential AttributesOrganization SkillsAnalytical & Problem Solving SkillsGood Communication skills Able to work independently, under pressure and sometimes at nightAbility to work with remote teams in a global organizationTeam player
About the company