- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Product Engineer - 90231368
Posting Range:8 Apr 2019 - 22 Apr 2019
Job Title: Product Engineer
Lead Designer working on mainframe technology for Transformation and Simplification along with leading Designs with UK Branch Accounting. As a mainframe transformation domain lead, drive mainframe transformation initiatives with the objective of reducing mainframe cost. Ideal candidates should have mainframe experience coupled with broad design skills and good understanding of Mainframe Online and Batch processing.
What will you be doing?
• Provide thought leadership for mainframe transformation initiatives & Engage with appropriate teams to lead the deliverables
• Ability to drive strategy through influence and ability to effect change
• Identify the top CPU consuming mainframe jobs/transactions and identify solution for optimization
• Tune the work that runs during peak periods and Identify cost drivers and pull non-time-critical workloads out of peak periods
• Model the cost impact and consequences of changes before making them
• Identify the Business critical jobs/transaction and validate whether the scheduled time is really needed for its actual run, if not reschedule it to non-business hours.
• Eliminate redundant processes and unused business functions
• Engage with appropriate teams to perform comparative analysis, proof of concepts and other studies to assess viability of the required changes
• For all findings, understand cost to achieve against savings benefit
• Track savings actuals based on before/after analysis.
• Continuous learning to assess new opportunities to reduce cost associated with the mainframe
What we’re looking for:
· Prior experience in Design & Development with Mainframe applications preferably in large banks
· Sound SDLC/AGILE knowledge and understanding of the Design, Development, Testing and support responsibilities
· Hands on experience with HOGAN applications
Skills that will help you in the role:
· Graduate with Technical background.
· Mainframe Application Design & Development Experience
· Experience with MIPS reduction and MLC calculation
· Working knowledge in Microsoft Office VISIO and Microsoft Project Plan.
· Technical knowledge in mainframes (COBOL, JCL, DB2, CICS and HOGAN) is desirable.
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.