- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Production Planning Analyst
At Amazon, delivering great experiences for our customers is top priority. The Production Planning Team is aggressively innovating in a number of areas aimed at propelling our customers’ experience by ensuring we have robust and optimal labor plans in our Fulfillment Centers. We are looking for a passionate, energetic Business Analysts who loves to get their hands dirty and will relentlessly drive quality, accuracy and efficiency in the planning process. This analyst will be a member of the Production Planning Team, which will recommend on-going hourly staffing plans and shift structures in all of our European Fulfillment Centers. The successful candidate will work in lock-step with multiple business teams including FC Operations leadership, Finance leadership, Supply Chain, Transportation and the ALPS technical development team in Seattle. He/ She will:
· Production Planning as well as cost and service optimization for EU FC network spread across 7+ countries
· Manage headcount staffing and scheduling for a headcount that runs to tens of thousands supporting multiple businesses and geographies.
· Build short/medium and long term operational plans for different global sites to optimize variable costs associated with staffing
· Improve performance to plan by identifying, measuring and managing key metrics related to FC Operations
· Lead critical projects to improve planning and forecasting efficiency and accuracy for global operations.
· Participate in global operational and production planning initiatives and project roll outs to cater to growing business needs
· Promote process improvement and standardization of processes across all sites in the network
Experience with a contingent workforce during peak seasons
· Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations
· Experience with Advanced Planning & Optimization Systems, or Enterprise Resource Planning Systems, with the ability to influence technical teams to achieve the right technical solutions
· Deep understanding of Distribution and Manufacturing Resource Planning
Experience with performance metrics, process improvement and Lean techniques
· Strong sense of ownership and customer obsession
· Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills and an ability to come up with creative solutions to impossible-to-solve problems
· Ability to closely work with operation, finance and planning leaders to manage lead-time, capacity, and optimize the impact of labor on supply position throughout the entire supply chain
· A completed Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Operations or related field
· 4+ years of experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment
· Experience utilizing SQL
· Advanced Excel and Access skills
· Experience translating roadmaps and key performance indicators as well as recommendations to senior leaders
- ms project
About the company
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
Founded by Jeff Bezos, the Amazon.com website started in 1995 as a place to buy books because of the unique customer experience the Web could offer book lovers. Bezos believed that only the Internet could offer customers the convenience of browsing a selection of millions of book titles in a single sitting. During the first 30 days of business, Amazon fulfilled orders for customers in 50 states and 45 countries - all shipped from his Seattle-area garage.
Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.