- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Listed as one of the best places to work, NetApp has an exciting opportunity for you to join a global team of elite technologists. This role will offer outstanding personal satisfaction and the opportunity to make a genuine difference to a growing organization within NetApp. Our team is incredibly passionate about customer experience and understands the value of strong relationships both internally and externally.
We are looking for a motivatedRemote Delivery Engineerto join our 24x7 Storage operations team and service our Cloud and Managed Services Customers.
You will provide Level 2/3 support to our customers by responding to Incidents, working on Service Requests, Problem Management, Infrastructure Improvements and planning and performing NetApp Ontap upgrades. Experience in supporting a varied clientele is essential as is a strong understanding of NetApp storage-based technologies.
To be successful in this role, you would need to have the following:
- Experienced in NetApp Storage (Deploying and administering NetApp Storage – CDOT and 7-Mode, Troubleshooting Performance Issues, performing firmware and operating system upgrades, using storage management tools – OnCommand Unified Manager/ Performance Manager/ Insight, Managing backup integration with NetApp technologies);
- Proficient understanding of NetApp Storage concepts, related management tools and related Storage technologies (Snapshots, controller failover, provisioning, deduplication, cloning, Snapmirror, IntelliSnap) including monitoring and troubleshooting, administration, replication technologies, security hardening and performance tuning;
- Experience in other NetApp storage technologies like Storage grid, E-Series, SolidFire would be highly regarded
- Experience with automation tools such as NetApp Workflow Automation;
- Experience in writing basic PowerShell/Python scripts would be beneficial.
- A thorough understanding of other components in the infrastructure stack – compute, virtualization and networks: (NetApp/Cisco Flex pod architecture, Cisco UCS platform, IBM Blade Center, System X, VMWare vSphere, Microsoft Operating Systems and Applications, Commvault);
- Strong understanding of Storage protocols and technologies (CIFS, NFS, iSCSI, Fibre Channel switching and networks);
- Knowledge in ITIL methodologies: change, incident, problem and configuration management;
- Understanding of outsourcing/managed service and Cloud industry;
- ITIL Fundamentals certification (desirable);
- Working knowledge of monitoring platforms, WANs, SANs, backup and disaster recovery platforms;
- Windows server and related Microsoft technologies including monitoring and troubleshooting, administration, replication technologies, security hardening and performance, would be advantageous;
- Experience in Linux System Administration
- Experience with any of the following tools/technologies, Dockers, Jenkins, Kubernetes
- Strong customer communication and documentation skills;
- Built and maintained strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Infrastructure design, build, deployment and disaster recovery testing.
- Positive, proactive, team-orientated attitude with a flexible and innovative approach to work;
Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 4+years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience.