- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Programmer/Analyst: Designs, develops, modifies, debugs and evaluates programs for functional areas, including but not limited to finance, human resources, manufacturing and marketing. Analyzes existing programs or formulates logic for new systems, devises logic procedures, prepares flowcharting, performs coding and tests/debugs programs. Develops conversion and system implementation plans. Prepares and obtains approval of system and programming documentation. Recommends changes in development, maintenance and system standards. Trains users in conversion and implementation of system. Note: May be internal or external, client-focused, working in conjunction with Professional Services and outsourcing functions. May include company-wide, web-enabled solutions.
- Strong Java experience for 5-ish years
- Experience with Spark/Scala is highly desirable even if it is not for the full 5-ish years
- Other technologies are bonuses.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, negotiation, task and project management, and organizational skills.
- Extensive programming and development skills.- Knowledge of one or more programming languages and development tools.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment.
- Thorough functional understanding of one or more functional business areas.
- Working knowledge of enterprise application system development methodology and life cycle.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint and Project; or other similar tools.
- In-depth understanding of:relational database conceptsinternet technologiesUnix/Linux operating system functions
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of other programmer/analysts cross functional peers to support deadlines.
- Ability to use NetApp IT Program Management Office system development guidelines and methodology.
- Ability to lead projects and drive initiatives through implementation cycles.Responsibility and Interaction:Responsibility:
- The tasks this individual is responsible for are often non-routine and unstructured, requiring creative solutions.
- This individual will apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving routine to moderately complex problems.Interaction:
- This individual must work effectively with Staff to Vice President level employees within the function, and the technical team on assigned projects. There may be communication with employees in other functions as required.
- Limited management direction is provided to employee on new projects or assignments as well as review of activities and priorities.
- The ideal candidate will be a proactive contributor and subject matter expert on team projects.
- To be successful, this individual must demonstrate favorable results through coaching and influencing others.
Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
“NetApp is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of all backgrounds, including individuals with disabilities, to apply for open positions at NetApp.”